What ranged AD need is an escape item

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ira et Tolio

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
An item-based approach to this can be very scary. I don't like the comparison to Blink Dagger in DotA, because DotA doesn't have scaling spells, so it's a lot easier to justify making an expensive item without stats. That's out of the question, so if we did give it stats for League, we'd still run into the problem of ADC being more gold and stat-dependent than bruisers. So yeah, it'd just end up being a bruiser problem.

It's probably better to handle it on the Summoner Spell side; for example, an improved Flash.
Or, we could not do anything because the game already hinges on the ADC too much as is. Why did bruisers get gap closers? To be able to jump the carry. Why did they need to jump the carry? Because they do too much freaking sustained damage compared to every other character class, so they need to be focused out of teamfights. Ergo, no changes, just keep letting Olaf carve up ADC's all day long.

CynicalGiant

11-11-2012

Quote:
An item-based approach to this can be very scary. I don't like the comparison to Blink Dagger in DotA, because DotA doesn't have scaling spells, so it's a lot easier to justify making an expensive item without stats. That's out of the question, so if we did give it stats for League, we'd still run into the problem of ADC being more gold and stat-dependent than bruisers. So yeah, it'd just end up being a bruiser problem.

It's probably better to handle it on the Summoner Spell side; for example, an improved Flash.
How about just combining Cleanse with Ghost?

Psi21

11-11-2012

Quote:

I pretty much just go to redtracker to see these posts.

But RoitNome, you couldn't be more wrong.

You have bruiser that are dominating all portions of this game. Not just the 3v3 and dominion but in SR too.

You give every single bruiser a gap closer.

And you give many of the bruisers absorb shields or increasing resist and/or reduction in damage abilities.

It is like Morello's balancing team just doesn't get it.

So much so the only items that are suppose to hurt bruisers are completely and utterly useless and you know it.

DFG neutered.
And Madred's Bloodrazer/ (terrible Kitae's Bloodrazor) aren't even used over double phantom blades and IE.

Then you play this terrible propaganda plot to change around resists only to nerf them on all items in a point to make the early game not have to ever worry about having a champ with zero resists.
You do this thinking your are preventing cheesy ganks in the beginning of the game but your just gimping casters/dps who need this early beginning to deal with stupid impossible bruisers late game.

Morello has it stuck in his head players want long fights with a climatic end or escape. But the sad part is that isn't what the roots of your game came from!!!
DOTA ganks were fast and tested players. You are just kinda babying up the game to even influenced beginner games to play.

And to take the other spectrum of this:
Its like the entire Morello balancing team doesn't get the game and superficially think 50 or so end game ELO players are what dictate changes even for the MID to low ELO.

I have got so sick of it I am complaining about it in hopes you actually understand for once and in the mean time I am not even bothering to play since you F-d up the DFG.

Full Brain

11-13-2012

MF not having any legitimate CC or escape skills doesn't really make any sense but most of the other ranged ad characters do. The buff they gave her recently has helped her viability but it didn't solve this problem. You would have to ban Cait and Ez from buying the proposed item.