Akali- how do you counter?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashinghardest View Post
The thing is it isnt a hard counter unless your dealing more dps then her which she outdamages most mids.
She doesn't out-damage most mids at range. She has to move into melee range to outdamage them. And in melee range, her biggest advantage is her stealth. She outdamages people because she can't be damaged while stealth. If you are able to poke her down, then can see her even while she's stealth, you should be able to win the trade.

ForgivEnemy

11-08-2012

Getting out of laning phase, CC, focus.

Akali is great 1v1 vs a lot of champions, however being an assassin melee and squishy, locking her down in team fights and focusing her down is how you deal with her. Getting picked off 1 by 1 over and over is how you lose games to akali because that his what she is great at. If your team doesn't understand this concept then probably extremely low elo game in which case champions like akali excel.

I am no pro, just 1800's ELO, and I can tell you the one time I see an akali (Maybe 1/100 ranked games) all you do is end laning phase as quickly as possible (group taking towers/objectives) and turn and focus her whenever she jumps in on someone. This means that if no one has oracles you will want to buy or have someone on your team buy a pink ward and save it for a team fight. So when she jumps in and W's you can drop it and still have your team focus her and blow her up.

If the akali isn't fed from laning phase you will walk over them late game, unless your team has a worse comp then them. But if she is fed, she is shut down by a stun, and then focus fire in team fights/oracles/pink wards

Unholy Fenrir

11-08-2012

xerath, karth, vic, aniv, ziggs can all damage her in her shroud not sure what resists she gets in it but your still able to harrass just dont get to close past lvl 6

SavageWolves

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Play Lee Sin.

He hard counters her at every level and in every way.

He can reveal her out of stealth, outdamage her, and outsustain her, even with a tanky build.

High Lord Bunny

11-10-2012

Pink wards are good; I would actually perfer them to oracles at lower levels (in case of death and whatnot).

Certain champions also do better against Akali. High magic resist and skill shots are a lovely combo, so champions like Galio are a solid pick. High burst damage and zoning like Ziggs or Anivia are good too.

You'll want to avoid specific target or combo champs like Ryze, as your combo will come to a crashing halt as soon as she goes invisible.

NamelessFish

11-10-2012

Try champs with an AoE skillshot. Gragas, Xerath come to mind.

But really, before 6 you can make it near impossible for her to farm, crippling her. She wants to last hit? shes gonna have to eat an auto attack,maybe a skillshot. Iv even done it on Heimerdinger. By the time she was 6 and tried to maul me, i popped a pink ward, dropped 2 turrets, stunned her, and laughed in glee as it gives me much joy watching an akali die :3 (I missed a total of maybe 3 CS at that point, she had about 6 total )

Point~Akali NEEDS to be taken care of early. Give her a fish.....and shell just maul you at 6. Also CC does wonders(bait that bish into a tower dive, I rarely see an akali that WONT tower dive me ;w

Orîon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

mid viktor or mid vlad both decimate akali

shorca

11-10-2012

can't keep up with akali with anivia, any suggestions?

OreIsan

11-10-2012

I was laning against Akali with teemo who is super squishy so that didn't help.