No AMA about Darius-out of control

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Omesh

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gi3bnvd View Post
zilean
problem solved.
can kite darius, bombs out-range pull, zilean's ult cancels darius ult.
This deserves to be quoted, because it's true. Zilean is a solid pick to help soften Darius on Treeline.

Don't know if he's an outright hard counter-pick, but if you know the other guy has Darius, Zilean well-played can stymie him very, very handily.

Havenstance

11-09-2012

Or you could give us our old treeline back and can this one.

Thezyzyva

11-11-2012

Darius has all kinds of counters. The biggest one being distance. Maybe if you have a problem with Darius you should stop picking melee champs. It takes him 4 AA and a Q to do full ulti damage; if you let him do that you probably deserve to die.

And to clarify about when his ulti refreshes, the way it works is that his animation is a hidden cast time. It can't be interrupted except by invalidating his target (like Zhonyas or stealth). When it does get stopped, it never connects and therefor does not go on cooldown. It differs from ranged spells because those have a movement time and go on cooldown on cast, not connection. Hope that clears things up in this thread.

mattypay

11-13-2012

Darius has no counters

The Bushmaster

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
We're going to be trying a few tweaks to altar mechanics (and maybe also speed shrines) to try to knock bruisers down a notch or two.

The Zhonya's thing is pretty interesting though. I'll ask around about that particular interaction.
This gets +11, really? All this is saying is "we heard that darius is broken. We're dodging the question entirely and telling you what we're already working on for TT."

TT is not what makes darius broken. Darius is what makes darius broken. You could take the altars completely away and Darius would still be broken. What kind of Presidential Debate answer is this?

NinetyNineTails

11-13-2012

I read this entire thread and all I come away with is the impression that a lot of people are picking bruisers and bullies and then finding out that Darius is a hard counter to bruisers and bullies.

I know that lots of bad players think that they should just be able to pick Jax or Xin Zhao and never worry about being counter-picked, but they don't get that wish. If your team has no burst and low DPS and intends to grind your opponents to death with Malphite, Jax, and Amumu, Darius is going to RUIN YOUR WHOLE DAY. If you're running Diana, Graves, and Nautilus, Darius is the one that's going to be crying.

Darius may actually be the single most gankable champion in all of LoL. His base footspeed is low and he has zero escapes to speak of. If two enemies show up at the same time, he just dies. If he gets focused down, he dies, and he dies doing almost no damage because of how much of his damage is backloaded to the end of the fight. Again, bad players lose to Darius because they can't coordinate with each other enough to focus fire him down before he is in a position to do his thing.

Lisztomaniac

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
We're going to be trying a few tweaks to altar mechanics (and maybe also speed shrines) to try to knock bruisers down a notch or two.

The Zhonya's thing is pretty interesting though. I'll ask around about that particular interaction.
lol i love how you think that altars/speed shrines nerfs are going to do anything to fix the bruiser problem.

FearAzrael

11-13-2012

Inb4Darius op.

The Untold

11-13-2012

Haven't lost to a Darius yet... Honestly I've had more trouble with kha'zix and singed oddly enough.

Cyraknoss

11-14-2012

The real problem with Darius on TT is that he works too well with the bruiser meta and his counters dont. So you have to burn a ban on Darius or else you're forced to run a squishy like Zilean or Teemo who are quite easy to murder with many of the other bruisers who'll run side by side with Darius. Sure Teemo's shrooms are OP on TT but there's plenty of quality bruisers who can crush him fast, and in no time flat Darius' team only has 2 bruisers to kill which is Darius' specialty.