Riot featuring a known ELO BOOSTER? Really Riot?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Autorevolver

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesh View Post
Heya guys.

Hopefully I can clear some stuff up here since I handled this case personally long before Sam was considered for featured streamer.

There was a summoner who at the time was known as xwinterr (who has been permabanned, by the way). This person compromised the accounts of a couple members of Gucci and is a known scammer and fraudulent user. During the time that these posts were made, there is a registered email and password change on their accounts that come from the same IP (which is the IP address of xwinterr). Both Sam and BabeeQ have had to submit tickets in the past to get their accounts recovered from this. Xwinterr used this (mostly) fake elo boosting service to steal other accounts which she then sold online illegally. I saw mostly because she was actually a fairly highly rated 3s player herself and engaged in elo boosting on her main as well.

I've personally had to assist in recovering a number of accounts from people that were scammed by her. While she "boosted" accounts that were asking for gold (fairly easy to do as a good player), she stole most of the accounts of the people trying for higher tiers.

I've spent a lot of time talking with and playing with Sam over the last month. Sam does not participate in any Elo boosting and these threads are 100% fraudulent and match up to xwinterr's other summonernames and usernames. The times that their accounts were compromised are in line with the dates that these forum threads were created. You'll notice that up until we realized the scope of this scammer (her other accounts, stolen accounts, etc) she was still bumping the thread with comments such as "that 1 negative feedback was sadly from a scammer, so no worries, we have already boosted over 15+ accounts and have hired new professional players so were ready to boost at any time just drop us a msg."

The gucciboosting skype account also belongs to her and is 100% a scam.

Please know that I seriously took a lot of time examining all of the information and cross-checking the various data to make sure that Sam wasn't involved in boosting. If you watch his stream you will see that this guy has a ton of character and is not someone who engages in illicit online activity.

Sam is an awesome guy and a great player, and I really hope you guys believe me when I say that this is definitively the work of a scammer who I had to deal with over a month ago and is not the type of behaviour we would ever allow for a featured streamer.
lol This is SO much evidence that he's really a nice guy. /sarcasm

Zimski

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Revolvers View Post
lol This is SO much evidence that he's really a nice guy. /sarcasm
Yea, that was a dumb thing to even put in the post. What does their politeness on stream have to do with ELO boosting? That's completely irrelevant to the issue. Nothing about his stream even makes me admire his character in the first place, he trash talks a lot.

Tempestphile

11-08-2012

I still think this is extremely suspicious