Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Not getting any better

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AdunSaveMe

11-07-2012

So I've been playing this game for a couple of months and I'm not getting any better. I could use some tips, I don't know what I'm doing wrong, and every time I play a game I've got people telling to to uninstall and saying I'm getting reported just because I'm doing bad.
My win/loss is sitting at 58 wins, 59 losses and has been roughly even for a long time.
I've tried multiple roles, but I usually only do well if I'm support Soraka or solo top as Teemo. Just today I tried out Renekton and went 1/11/1. Anybody got basic tips or something, ideas on what I could be doing wrong? Inb4 low skill champs

Hirumonogatari

11-07-2012

i don't exactly know what your problem is without a more detailed explanation.

but in general if you are dying a lot, that probably means you are overextending. ward more in lane so you don't get ganked. if you get killed once or twice, that is your cue to farm safely and passively under your tower.

if you will give us some screenshots, a vid, or some explanation of a particular problem, we might be able to help more.

AdunSaveMe

11-08-2012

I do sometimes overextend. But the thing is, if I play more defensively because I'm being stomped, then people have a go at me for not pushing, but if I push, it either accomplishes little or I get killed anyway, and people have a go at me again. I can farm relatively well, I know about lat hitting, harassing, stuff like that, I do everything like I should to the best of my ability, but as the game progresses the enemy players in my lane will always be that little bit stronger than me. I can't really explain a problem because I don't know what the problem is. Basically I farm fine and play through early game unharmed for the most part, then all of a sudden I become useless.

AdunSaveMe

11-08-2012

Quote:
CSZHUNG:
if you get killed once or twice, that is your cue to farm safely and passively under your tower.

Also this doesn't work out for me either. By the time I have to play passively, it means I won't be able to do anything to my rival.

Ezrabar

11-08-2012

Yea you gotta find balance. Pretend there's a imaginary line that goes straight down the map across all lanes. If you are pass this line you are considered overextended in early game. Buy wards and drop them in a bush next to your lane to prevent ganks. As for pushing it's something you learn over time (You know you have x time to get in and out).

Try playing with friends. I wouldn't play solo if you're still learning the game. LoLs community is toxic and they will do anything within their limits to harass others. (Just work with your team and if someone is giving you troblem just ignore them they are in the same game as you for a reason because of hidden elo).

Ezrabar

11-08-2012

Try watching gameplay if you can figure it out. Here's my channel and I'm not pro or anything but I believe I have a decent concept of the game.
----> https://www.youtube.com/user/Ezrabar

Just watch the early game of the matches of when I'm not jungling. You always have to be mindful of every last hit you can get while trading with your opponent and not let the jungle get ganks on you.

IdleAltruism

11-08-2012

The first step to becoming a better player is the ability to analyze your mistakes. If you can't see that you're not getting every last hit, not positioned perfectly in team fights, or that you played an exchange poorly, then that is your problem.

Gster

11-08-2012

Try streaming and asking people for criticism.

AdunSaveMe

11-08-2012

I don't have teh internetz to stream games, and from what I've experienced playing this game, you don't have to ask for criticism to get it.

FineMeAName

11-08-2012

Quote:
AdunSaveMe:
I don't have teh internetz to stream games, and from what I've experienced playing this game, you don't have to ask for criticism to get it.

Don't need to stream. You just need to find a few folk to spectate you playing games. Then they can give you tips after the matches.