What's the best site for guides?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Braeus Faustus

11-07-2012

As someone always looking to get better and learn new champions, I find guides helpful to start learning how to play and build a new champion. But there are so many sites with guides, I don't even know where to look or what to look for first. Obviously, there's no shortage of sites with LoL guides: mobafire, solomid, lolpro, leaguecraft, CLG, and even the Guides Directory on this very forum.

I used to see a lot of people say bad things about mobafire guides, though they never really went on to explain what was wrong with them. I don't know what the general consensus is, nowadays, on any particular site's set of guides, but I'm looking for suggestions or trends as to what sites I should start at on looking for builds for new champions, and maybe what I should look for in a guide that might give a big clue as to whether it's worth looking at or not. Explanations why are appreciated.

Oppress0r

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Lolpro is hands down the best site for guides. All written by pros, standard format and are almost all well written.

Solomid guides mostly come from high Elo guys but man some of those guides are really bad. I read some of these guides and think, "wow, this guy builds like this? He must play like a god to pull this off".

The popular guides at Mobafire are popular because the authors are good guide writers and appeal to the egos of higher Elo players. That doesn't make them good guides and many of them are not. A lot of these guide writers are low to mid Elo guys.

Adinsx

11-08-2012

The problem with Mobafire guides is they tend be be rated on creativity and quality of the presentation... rather than how much the guide will actually make you win. Mobafire is fine if you already know how to play the game and can tell the difference between a "for funsies" build and a serious one. But for new players, stick to lolpro or solomid.

Oh, and some guides on mobafire are just plain trash and are highly voted anyway just because the presentation is nice.