Bug - MASSIVE lag issues

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Butt Berries

11-07-2012

the game will randomly give me massive lag spikes(internet, not FPS) while no other programs on my computer are reporting lag of any type, last game i disconnected 4 times, all while maintaining negligible ping to all other programs. this problem has been on going for about 3 months, i have reformatted 3 times, ran 39 different scans(i counted) root kits, viruses and all of the like are not present, i even tried running the game off of a different hard drive. issue kept occurring. not sure whether this pertains to PVP.net or the client itself.

ran this test directly after the game ended. the game was at 500 "ping" during every disconnect, exactly 500 all 4 times, not 499, not 501 but exactly 500.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2293361681.png

motherboard: ASUS rampage formula III
CPU: Intel 980x
GPU: GTX 560 Ti 2gig
Hard drive 1: 1 x 60g OCZ agility 3(OS)
Hard drive 2: 1 x 1TB seagate 7200rpm (data dump drive)
Hard drive 3: 1 x 120g OCZ vertex 3 MAX IOPS(game drive)

Elghinn Yah

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

I'm also running into thisissue with the ping spiking to over 1200 at times and disconnecting me. This has become so severe that I have gotten a few leaves against my own best wishes.

I have run various checks, troubleshoots etc etc etc and still no resolution. My only final belief is that it is an issue with the connection between my laptop and the severs at Riot.

This issue does not occur during other online games such a Counter Strike: Source or Starcraft 2

Butt Berries

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elghinn Yah View Post
I'm also running into thisissue with the ping spiking to over 1200 at times and disconnecting me. This has become so severe that I have gotten a few leaves against my own best wishes.

I have run various checks, troubleshoots etc etc etc and still no resolution. My only final belief is that it is an issue with the connection between my laptop and the severs at Riot.

This issue does not occur during other online games such a Counter Strike: Source or Starcraft 2
same here, i have played many different game with no lag at all, to server on the other side of the world, it seems that these servers just dont like me, i have forwarded ports, done every troubleshooting i can imagine and it doesnt seem to help.

M3TASH33P

11-07-2012

Try running a 40th scan?

The rootkit is there, i know it!

Butt Berries

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3TASH33P View Post
Try running a 40th scan?

The rootkit is there, i know it!
the only root kit that was found was "Xzibit root kit" and it was found by RKHunter, a common false positive, if all of the other BIOS/CMOS boot-able scanners didnt find it, its not there. including command line scanners such as TRK 3.6.

Hluu

11-08-2012

Ive just now been a victim of this massive lag, got me to like 2000 spikes so i reconnected and then i find that everyones level one with super extended hp bars and i cant use any skills =/ lost a winning match cause of that, sooo LAME

PimpinOG

11-08-2012

My lag is like 40 second behind time so I see everything in slow motion. Internet is very stable, got one leave on my game unintentionally.

MaaGas

11-08-2012

try switching servers if that would help.

Skarenox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

I had the same problem and it was my Wireless connection, now i'm using a cable directly from the modem and my game is 100% stable. Hope this can help.

Shadenuro

11-14-2012

Been having these same issues over the past 2 weeks. Typical ping is ~20ms but recent spikes are 1500-5000+. My champ will continue to "obey" my commands, however the rest of the game is in a state of limbo where animations just loop and health bars are missing, etc. Eventually everything fast forwards the past 40-60 seconds to the current state and works for 5 seconds or so then repeats.

Been stuck playing AI games so as to not ruin anyone else's experience should this happen.

I'm located in Orange County and I'm always plugged directly into the router or modem and even turn off the wifi.