New Player with a Nunu Build question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Idiocrisy 101

11-07-2012

I have just started playing and I am trying to find out if this is a decent build for a Nunu AP laner, and yes I have read several guides but decided to put my little spin on it

The purchase order I am not too sure of as it seems to change every game however the items usually are the same, they are Doran Ring x2, sorcerers shoes, giants belt, spirit visage, and wooglets witchcap.

The main question is if these are good enough items for a nunu build come ranked matches, so far I have had success using these items but as I am a noob I figured someone more experienced in playing a nunu would know for sure.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-07-2012

I'd build him a little tankier.

Honestly, most of Nunu's damage comes from putting his W on the ADC, no matter where he is. His auto-attacks suck and require melee range. His E and R scale great to AP, but that's it. His Q doesn't target champions, his W is an AS boost for him and an ally (and remember, his AAs suck), so he spends the whole match waiting on E/R cooldowns.

So, build him tanky, and find the right time to get a good ult in.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

I think he is playig Nunu in 3v3 twisted treeline. So much of SR conventional advise might not apply.

Nunu has decent AP ratios, BUT doesnt have a lot of nukes. Thus he needs to be pretty tanky so that he can live long enough to inflict strong damage with snowball spam (and debuff), heal by eating creeps, get in some autoattacks, and most importantly...BAIT OUT THEIR STUNS so he can Ult and deal tons of damage.