Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Rengar Overnerfed?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kavinh the third

11-08-2012

thing is his stealth seconded as a ghost and a flash if u engaged someone not to mention people were abusing the hell out of his fury passive with it. I think they overnerfed it but it was either that or lower the damage on his q to the point where he couldn't even nuke someone anymore at least it's still a guaranteed kill more or less even with the nerf

Christiankaiser

11-08-2012

Quote:
Onimus Terlain:
I just played a game recently. I was soraka support and I was supporting a Draven. The enemy team had a rengar jungle.

At first, I stupidly didn't buy any pink wards. Around level 6, I was just standing by Draven as he was CSing. Rengar appeared out of seemingly nowhere and pounce, E, Q, Q. I was down to about 20 hp before I even knew what was going on. Then Taric flash stunned Draven and they got a double kill.

Then I bought a pink ward and put it in the river.
He did the exact same thing, this time just by running up the lane (I'm assuming that's what he did anyway). We were pushed back so I had my side bush warded but not the back one (that ward ran out). Again I got instagibbed and Draven dropped soon after.

If Rengar gave those 4 kills to Ezreal, the game could have gone very differently.

But late game, Rengar wasn't able to instantly murder people.

That's what I mean when I say strong early game versus weak late game.

If he wants a more consistent late game, they should buff his numbers but put some sort of delay between Q and ferocity Q.

Now, I'm not suggesting they do that because I think he is well designed as an early game assassin that scales off late game. But if they were to buff his late game numbers, the Q-Q combo is most likely the thing they would target as compensation.

so what you're saying is that you got killed multiple times by a good, dedicated Rengar player because you're bad? Thats what I got out of this.

Onimus Terlain

11-09-2012

Quote:
Christiankaiser:
so what you're saying is that you got killed multiple times by a good, dedicated Rengar player because you're bad? Thats what I got out of this.

What?
No.
He is obviously an early game champ that scales off in late game.

That was a story explaining why that is my opinion of him, and I'm not sure who could argue with that assessment of the champion...

Jesus the Friend

11-09-2012

Rengar is still very strong.

Dyzmatik

11-10-2012

Bump

Adrian Umbra

Recruiter

11-10-2012

They made him into a bruiser with an assassin style kit. Not enough damage to assassinate, not enough CC or contribution to a team otherwise.

Quote:
Jesus the Friend:
Rengar is still very strong.

His win rate says otherwise.

Katasumai

11-12-2012

Quote:
Dyzmatik:
Riot is doing the WRONG THING, instead of nerfing his empowered r completely, we should give him the Wukong style Q and do 110% damage on regular savagery (1.1 scaling) and 120% extra damage on empowered Q.

That way rengar won't be insanely dependent on raw damage from empowered Q, yet he won't fall off without empowered moves late game.

Next is the health regen nerf,I thought it wasn't very necessary, but it could have been nerfed. What Riot did was overnerf it, and it affected rengar's gameplay greatly, it always forced him to empower heal after trades, because innate heal wouldn't suffice thus again nerfing his damage.

What I saw WASN'T very well explained was the nerf on Rengar's private item Bonetooth necklace.

It wasn't a very viable item naturally, because it was a stacking item, and the damage it provided after the first nerf was already low, unless you were level 8 or higher, now after the latest nerf, it remains greatly unviable unless you KNEW you could get the stacks early.

36 Damage lategame at level 18 for 800 is great, but there is always a much better viable item if you purely want damage and the extra stats were small, but decent.

It was like a Doran's blade that stacked. It gave all these little extra stats but always sold off for better items lategame.

Finally, his ult nerf, WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU NERF THE DURATION?

Riot said rengar always escaped or initiated too easily with his ultimate, so their solution was to nerf the cooldown.
- moderately balanced -

but why nerf the duration? This actually now greatly affected rengar's ganks, especially if the enemy team has pink wards down in the river, 5 seconds is simply not long enough for you to come from the river and to pounce on someone even if they don't have wards in the river.

My personal solution to all of this.

Regular savagery does 1.1 scaling damage, and his a bit farther AA range than regular attacks, while empowered savagery does 120% extra damage instead of the old 150%
Take away the attack speed buff and put it on the W, so the synchronization with the extra MR and Armor will make this seem like a much better steroid. I also find the odd numbers on the extra MR and Armor buff on W to be...irregular, my idea is to put a flat 10+ mr and armor every level.
so it would be 10/20/30/40/50 boost per level, making it more strong lategame and not an extreme lifesaver early game.

Nerf on base health regen and scaling health regen increased to 6 and .6 from 4 and .4

Stealth cooldown ( to me) isn't that huge of a problem. Do they seem long? Yes, but again it isn't a huge problem. It just forces you to calculate what actions you'll take in the lane more efficiently.

The duration should be raised back to 7, because Rengar should be able to escape when using his ultimate and not killed by intuition when running away.
What do I mean by intuition?

Simple guessing logic on where Rengar will go when escape from enemy team with stealth on.

Running away from one person with ultimate isn't hard, but the keyword was team. If the enemy team is communicating and actually watching where you'll likely be headed, then many times you can get caught off-guard when you're recalling after escaping away.

I also think they need to buff his passive and give him maybe 10% bonus speed when going through brushes to help him chase in the jungle more, as rengar can be easily kited unless in range for the leap.

Every example listed her was from my OWN personal experience, and realize that everyone may have different play-styles with rengar whether playing him top, jungle, or even as adc, with his bursting potential.

Sorry if some of this sh*t doesn't make sense, i wrote this at 2 in the morning.

Edit; Hi, I'm not a upvote *****, but I'd atleast like a good reason or reply or a decent conversation on where you disagree with me, not just ''OMFG RENGAR IS FACEROLL NOOB CHAMPION'.

I honestly have to agree with you about how they nerfed him too much he got himself over all nerf. If they want to reduce his early game damage at least return his healing naturally because other than that he's just sitting as a glass canon. Not able to do much anymore. I know they nerfed him because of how he could easily get a level 1 first blood at top lane. He can still decently level 2 gank and such but I agree if you nerfed his cooldown return his duration for his ultimate stealth. It was nice they gave a move speed to it but most the time you don't use the full 7 seconds you get up to the 5 stacks then when your close enough you pounce. Sure it's annoying for him to ult to escape and such but I feel he's overnerfed. I'm a pretty good rengar player and before nerfing him so much Critical Hit Rengar was POWERFUL because that Q would chunk and he'd pounce basic attack and Q hard on an enemy but now he doesn't seem to have any power except kill lane bot or solo top. IMO he's honestly no longer a very viable jungler. They wanted to classify him as an off tank but his stats are no longer there to become the off tank his health regen, and stats are all screwy. If you nerf his abilities and damage return his normal stats.

Katasumai

11-12-2012

Quote:
Adrian Umbra:
They made him into a bruiser with an assassin style kit. Not enough damage to assassinate, not enough CC or contribution to a team otherwise.

His win rate says otherwise.

Since nerfs his win rate has since DROPPED

Dyzmatik

11-14-2012

bump, please look at this riot

Eclipse Dove

08-16-2013

Bump

Riot ever fix this like they said they were going to? Can't be assed to look through 50 rengar threads.