Twisted Treeline AMA Recap

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UnFoundz

11-07-2012

Should return old map considering that there's a BIG petition if you haven't noticed unless you dont care that much of what we think

Deathfollowsyou

11-07-2012

Stupid Riot.. Whatever, we don't care if you think that it's "detrimental" People love the nostalgia of the old TT.. You guys are frickin' idiots. The old TT should stay with this new one. The new one gets boring really quick. Never thinking of the fans... Tis' why you guys suuuuuuck. XD

LuckyTofu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

keep the vote up/down to 0!

Alexidkk

11-07-2012

Love the new twisted treeline. Try AP Eve bot lane, never the solo. Omg amazing jungler and farmer. Quick speed, powerful constant damage with her Q and that hard hit E. Very fun;p

RazorBladesCritz

11-07-2012

the new map design for TT is great but the altars ruin it in my opinion, because you get stupidly strong teams like irelia, singed and darius or even just a singed and then you give them the altar buff on top of that and you team is screwed, they pin you down and you can't do anything but wait to lose.

Aradmir

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimrra3 View Post
I feel compelled to whine about the altar capture process. The main problem I - and my teammates - have with it is that its virtually impossible to stop a capture once the other team has 2-3 people there. This lets any slightly-stronger triple-bruiser team just stand on it with impunity since the weaker team can't engage them fully yet - which means that one team can simply snowball out of control and be really difficult to make a comeback against.

Put simply: in Dominion, captures can be stopped by damage, but the only way to stop a TT capture is to make them run off the point or go to melee range with them on the point to equalize the numbers, and this isn't easy to do when everyone is a huge bruiser. There isn't a huge point in having objectives if they can't be fought for properly.
To challenge a capture, blocking their vision with Nocturne or Graves and then collapsing on them or melting them with AoE ults works pretty well. Or there's the classic group CC + engage teamfight tactic. Or pulling them off the altar with Blitz or Singed.

DARKxALLxSEER

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by orinsaccount View Post
are there going to be changes to vision granting champions in the future such as teemo and zyra who have built in wards
just ban they gods on tree LANE NOW

DARKxALLxSEER

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elalya View Post
Hi there. Diamond 3's player here.

I just want to say that adding a solo queue option to the ranked system would seriously reduce the level of competitiveness on the map. The new Trees requires a level of coordination, communication and trust higher than in any of the other maps: I have played games with Sam and other top level players and we play significantly worse than when I play with my teammates.

Being good at the new threes is all about trust and communication. Solo queue is inherently chaotic, and would not work on this format.

My two cents.
MY ASS not skill or communication is needed just kill. in the new tree lane you don't have to think . now just kill and win not plan kill and win new tt take no skill or as much team work as the old one . in old it would not work in new yes it would work fine

DARKxALLxSEER

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kise View Post
They made it a little bit better actually. On the old TT, I remember my team being killed by the enemy about 40-50 times whereas we had single digits in team kills - the enemy team was tanky, and all had thornmails/FH just to give you an idea of how unkillable they were. Our Shaco was squishy but we somehow managed to knock down their towers as he snuck through the jungle. He backdoored and took out their last turret, then they jumped him. WW and me snuck through the jungle and kinda went "1-2-3 GO" as we ran up to their nexus. Their cc didn't affect me since I was Olaf, and WW's attack speed boost helped us take down the nexus.

So even with 3 armored up tanky fighters (I only remember them playing Nasus and Shyv), my squishy/semi-squishy team turtled and still managed to win off attack speed and sneaks alone. The new TT gives less paths to sneak around, and it works in favor of the small 3-person teams. New TT > Old TT and that's coming from someone who use to abuse said "exploits".
ok ok let get this better because there only one way of wining. =_= less skill to win it better this way my god this kind of play that like tree lane the unskilled ones that why new <old tt sad now kid dum as piss can win. it like you sad The new TT gives less paths to sneak around, and it works in favor of the small 3-person teams.

Wolfentine

11-07-2012

I understand the need to progress and keep thing interesting and fair. I also understand the fact that you replaced the old one because you don't want to split the TT players ....But you guys have to stop whacking everything in sight with the bluty nerf sword. I absolutely loved the old TT, I lived for it....Teemo was my main man. Now it seems any champ that is tanky enough and or has good mobility dominates the map. The capture points are broken, in my opinion, whatever team can grab them both and hold them for 5 mins....is pretty much guaranteed the game. The map is too small for my liking and I also feel that the jungle no longer comes into play...any champion that relies on some form of stealth is almost useless...or at least this is what I have come to see.
I am happy that Riot is trying to keep everything running smoothly but this is a true crime in my eye. Nerfing a character because they donít go along with all the other underpowered characters is one thing.....But to completely kill the old TT, pretty much the reason why I played LOL, is just downright insanity.
You have plucked the last straw Riot. My Skype list of over 100 that play LOL and I will no longer be spending money on any of your products and we will not be playing the new map. I actually believe that if a true effort is not made to quell the anger of the people that I will just be done with it and uninstall.
Please make an effort to combine the old and new TT some how