Twisted Treeline AMA Recap

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chaoswyrm

11-08-2012

Is it just me or has Riot recently been on a role with letting down fans on 70% of their updates under BS excuses?

NeoScout

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

not even in custom mode? downvote

Slyfoe

11-08-2012

I don't want to play miniature games of dominion during a 3v3's match.

tachu95

11-08-2012

STAFF FROM LOL, I WOULD REALLY APRECIATE IF YOU READ THIS, HERE ARE SOME THINGS THAT I KINDA FIND UNFAIR IN THE NEW TWISTED TREELINE:
1- if minions see you while going to vilemaw, they PURSUE YOU ALL THE WAY EVEN INSIDE OF VILEMAWS CAVE, and enemy can see you, i wish you could fix this, because in summoner rift, you can go to do baron secretly.

2-why speed buffs are gone? COMMON GUYS, i loved when i was running like hell with jax in the old TT, i was like: SUPER SPEED BUFF WOOOOOOHOOOOOO, an enemy has been slain

3- i tried to jungle in the new TT, but nobody wants to jungleif there are no buffs, and no one touches jungle, because you guys made the game more dinamic, and everybody is gettin killed if you dont help em, and you cat gain experience if you are runnin to help a teammate, and then running back to the jungke and then back to team, and then jungle every 2 seconds, i was very off level that game

ProSpear

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiejung View Post
I understand that u guys worked real hard on this map , but the truth is , there are alot of ppl who dislike this map, and prefer the old TT. If riot rly made this map for the actual players and their enjoyment, can we please have both maps ? or atleast have an official vote between the old TT and new 1?
Why the hell would riot make a vote? The outcome is obvious , the old TT would win. Thats why their avoiding it. they needed to find something to do , therefore they made the new TT because players couldnt keep their asses shut and kept asking for new ****, therefore u got urselves the ****ty new TT , if riot were to have an official vote , it is certain that anybody who has played the old TT atleast 10 times + will vote for the old TT, along with every advanced players who can actually open their eyes and notice that the new TT is for beginners, they actually expect you to play ranked soley based on team work, and team comp only. ****ty items , all the good items gone , no elix , and worst of all no wards... Might as well call it dominion 2.0. No need for it to be called " new twisted tree line " tbh.

Demacrex

11-08-2012

Sigh, I too miss the old TT, my sister and I first started seriously playing PvP on old TT about a year ago, and now playing the new TT is just awkward, squishy champs are just not-viable (our old team comp was Ahri and Soraka, we used to win 90 percent of the time) because people just get mad if you don't play any of the broke/OP champs for TT, the altars were a terrible idea (although I do like the hidden messages), and I really really wish the wards were still available because with the jungle being so open and being squishy, it's a death trap walking in there.

Bobthetart

11-08-2012

So, quit playing league so we don't have to play a new terrible 3s map for the rest of LoLs significance on the gaming scene. Deal.

CareBearKidd

11-08-2012

Well, I'm never playing on Twisted Treeline again.

That probably sounds whiny, but seriously! 3v3s on Twisted Treeline used to be my favorite way to play, but this new map... Ugh. I play 3v3s in custom games on Summoner's Rift now.

The map has great balance with the items. I'll give you that, Riot. Super tanky teams were impossible to deal with on TT. Granted, this is only a problem I've encountered a few times, but I'm glad you all addressed it. Thank you for that. Thank you very much!

But, the alters? The new jungle? You didn't remake an old map: you created a completely new map and gave it the same name. I like 3v3s that lasted forty minutes. I do NOT like this mini-Dominion. I don't even like the Crystal Scar, but you didn't replace Summoner's Rift with it and so I'm glad that other plays have the option to play Dominion. I like LoL because we have options. You forced a less than desirable choice upon your players.

I don't like that you took our Twisted Treeline away. I don't like that you're ignoring a good percentage of faithful players who really hate this map. I also don't like that you're posting this thread: a big excuse masked as a Q&A. Riot, you're better than that.

For the love of Runeterra, PLEASE reconsider not making Twisted Treeline Beta a different map. Please don't ruin 3v3s for the people who love them.

Sol Slinger

11-08-2012

As a TT veteran (nearly 100% of the games I play are treeline) I thought I would chime in. Awesome work on the new map and items. They hit the nail on the head in terms of where the previous map was lacking. You can no longer dominate the map with Tryndamere or a couple of Bruisers. The thing that I appreciate most is the occurrences of team fights, due to the altars and natural wandering game play the map rewards.

There are only a few things I can think of that need some attention, in my opinion that is. Here they are:

Make the support role more viable in threes by providing them with some upgraded items, like an Aegis variation or something similar that allows the supporters to really make a difference in teamfights. I think this would draw in more attention from users expecting a similar meta experience between maps. I don't play support on threes, given my experience with the old map it was a death sentence, but I think that each role should represented in some way.

Vilemaw really does not play a part in most matches. I think he/she(?) is simply too hard to take down, given the structure of the new map. Vilemaw has a very Baron feeling to it which is fun, but for short matches on this even shorter map I think it needs to be adjusted so that It can play significant role before late game.

I am really enjoying this revamp, kudos to the dev teams responsible.