Twisted Treeline AMA Recap

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lazreal

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knub View Post
Implying that opinions of this map are not subjective and are, in fact, based on your skill on it. The new map has completely different gameplay than the original in the same sense that Dominion is completely different from Summoner's Rift. We never asked for the gameplay to be changed. I don't care as much about the map layout being changed as I do about the fact that playing it feels completely different than the original. All you do is fight, that's it.

Did you ever play the old TT in ranked? all you did was fight for the most part of the games too, and if you didn't then you musta been getting stomped and trying to turtle your way back into it.

I've had a few LONG 45 minuet games on the new TT where we were losing early game vs bruiser meta, but came back in it with some smart plays using a Team comp of AD Bruiser, Ap Tank, AD Assasin. set up. and again with another Team that was AOE cc/nuke comp. So comebacks and turn arounds are possible.

opinions are fine, but please keep it constructive if you need help with the transition say something don't just mindlessly QQ

Evangelene

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazreal View Post
Ive played old and new TT i missed the old one at first ofcourse.... but the new one is so much better once you get the hang of it. I don't play with pubs just my ranked team though so maybe I'm not seeing the uncordinated noob fest known as Blind PICK,

About the Whole Bruiser meta it works, but skills can defeat that. Done well with Anivia and Orianna vs a couple bruser teams heres a tip BUY FROZEN HEART on your AP carries.

And they are about to change alot of SR soon here, I won't see the crying cuz i will be to busy adapting to all the new tools and playful jungle : )
First of all i play with my teams too, and we have tried the new map a fair few times and think it is good in itself but as TT is a flop (Oh and its generally boring after a few plays). And second of all blind pick in general isnt a noob fest, it actually takes skill to deal with the surprise of not knowing who you are vsing, because frankly draft pick is 'oh im scared of this champ so i am going to ban them, oh look someone picked someone, i better counter them' rather than adjusting to a team after you have gotten into game no matter who they are!

Thirdly the changes to SR are no where near this, they dont even compare really.

And so in your other comment are you implying that the loyal TT players should just go play SR or dominion? Because they play TT because they like it, now obviously a lot of players dont like it.

Lazreal

11-08-2012

alot of players didn't like TT as it was. and it was pretty much SR light/mini, not and entirely different experince just smaller. now its a NEW game mode. and there is a competitive Dominion scene, but No i'm not saying to go else where, just learn to grow and adapt with the game, or make your own game, or go play DOTA which hasn't changed its 1 map in over 5 years, if you require such secruity in your gaming environment. You All have options. Have you tried SMITE yet? its fun but I still prefer LoL.

Evangelene

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Quote:
alot of players didn't like TT as it was. and it was pretty much SR light/mini, not and entirely different experince just smaller. now its a NEW game mode. and there is a competitive Dominion scene, but No i'm not saying to go else where, just learn to grow and adapt with the game, or make your own game, or go play DOTA which hasn't changed its 1 map in over 5 years, if you require such secruity in your gaming environment. You All have options. Have you tried SMITE yet? its fun but I still prefer LoL.
It was MEANT to be a mini TT, you seem to be the one who requires security in your gaming environment talking about how blind pick is a noobfest!
I have played both maps and i agree with most that the new one does not have the same feel, thus making it way too different a map! It's not about security its about them changing a map almost entirely.
There wasnt much wrong with the old map except for a few glitches and slight need for a remodel, the play style was fine and im not sure what game you were playing in ranked but the old one wasn't a bruiser fest that involved being in fights most of the time. There was SOME leeway.
If they were to meet in the middle with the two maps it could be perfect, not an entirely different feeling game, yet still having some of the nice new features.

No TT wasnt the most popular map but thats out of the millions of players there are still enough players on TT to merit that their opinions be valid in this scenario, i only played TT pretty much till lvl 30 then i switched to SR which i enjoy but there was something nice about the old TT map, i play it in ranked because there isnt such a 'omg noob not meta we lose gg' feel about it, it is a bit more diverse but shorter and more fun!

It being a 'new' game mode is the point, it isnt the same game mode and therefore should not replace TT.

Knub

Recruiter

11-08-2012

Quote:
Did you ever play the old TT in ranked?
Obviously I played the original Twisted Treeline if I knew that you could actually farm. You could push the lane, jungle, and dragon.

Now, you push the lane as a team and fight when you see enemies, stand on altars as a team and fight when you see enemies, jungle as a team but fight when you see enemies, and then spider as a team and fight when you see enemies.

Knub

Recruiter

11-08-2012

Quote:
it was pretty much SR light/mini, not and entirely different experince just smaller. now its a NEW game mode
We liked that it was a smaller version of the game! What don't you understand about this? We realize that it is now a new game mode and that's why we are upset. We don't enjoy the new play style of this mode. You may like it because you think the new game mode is better and more fun. We enjoyed the original game play.

ZestyWonderbeast

11-08-2012

So just a little bit here on the "SR mini/lite". Did anybody ever notice that TT was under the "Classic" tab under the "Play" menu? I would assume that since it is under the "Classic" tab along with SR that TT is presumably supposed to be similar to SR. With the new 3v3 map, since it feels like much more of a game of dominion where there are increased gold gains, cap points, speed shrines, and constant teamfights that it best fits under the "Dominion" tab of the "Play" menu.

GloMouse

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knub View Post
Obviously I played the original Twisted Treeline if I knew that you could actually farm. You could push the lane, jungle, and dragon.

Now, you push the lane as a team and fight when you see enemies, stand on altars as a team and fight when you see enemies, jungle as a team but fight when you see enemies, and then spider as a team and fight when you see enemies.
^this is pretty much how it is and its annoying and boring. i like the how in the old TT you didnt have to stay grouped up constantly like the new one. your dead if you dont constantly stay together. and i like some others are disappointed that its mainly just for bruisers now... what if you dont like playing bruisers? yeah you stated its possible to run cait and ez and what not but u still have to get lucky against a team of bruiser with tons of armor/health/AD coming at you. i like how in the old TT there was a wider variety of champs that could be used efficiently. so i just stick to SR now.

Rejuvination

11-08-2012

disagree completely with nome and rj about wards. if there are 0 wards, the map is a gank fest where farming the lane is too dangerous. with wards, they are part right, that ganking becomes too tough--- unless "junglers" buy oracles to force team fights. i don't think wards were as much of a problem as they seem to think o.O

pizzzzak

11-08-2012

Who friggen cares if you don't want the League of Legends community to be split into two maps, It should be our choice what game mode we want to play. By just being a controlling mother and taking away our Snickers and giving us a stupid Milky Way, you are just being annoying.