Twisted Treeline AMA Recap

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeathbyOreos

11-07-2012

The new map is even more broken than the old one. If one team gets a slight lead by saying screw the other lane all three bot and pulls a few kills for a lead early they can hold it all game. It isnt fast paced action. It ends up being a one sided fight cause if they have a decent build and can hold the second altar for just a while they snowball the other team. In the old one yes turtling did happen and I have won by setting there at a turret and killing minions. But it isnt my fault that the other team didnt try to push and take it when they overpowered us no they wanted their win to last their fault. There is no chance for a comeback on the new map at all.

All I liked to play was 3v3 the map worked fine. I still play some now but I dont like to cause its lost all the fun. Its more like playing dominion than a 3v3 cause if you dont hold the points your screwed.

Evangelene

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

I don't like the new TT as TT.
I'm not sure what meta the old one was 'locked' into (i saw no particular meta that my team abided by) but all it needed was for some walls to be thinner and the champs to be less glitchy (lee sins shield would sometimes be pretty much an invulnerable)
IMO i think you are making the wrong decision by not making it a separate map, it is a BRILLIANT map but it is in no way twisted treeline bar the same number of players.
You yet again have claimed to listened to the community but what i see is most people asking for the old tt to stay too! Remember dark valkyrie diana? On most polls about 75% of summoners did not like her new design but you failed to listen, this will be another case of that im sure.

You claim to want the game mode quicker and with less turdling, but putting a massive wall in base is preventing champs that cant dash to be able to defend the base at all in close games!
-Vilemaw is still a bit too strong considering that it's meant to be a quick game!
-I like the alters but you should still leave the wards!!!! Champions like teemo with shrooms will be deadly with no wards! If a team wants to play it safe then let them! Just boost the price or reduce the duration or something. I'm sure you don't want any particular champs to dominate!

My issues with the old TT: glitches on champions, walls too thick considering that they hadnt been changed since flash was nerfed, CC TEAMS unavoidable i know but honestly they were the main issue, and the changes you are making dont help!
I find that the new map is a 'jump in head first' kind of playstyle, not suited to characters like zyra and such who were still good (who is another example of a champ witha n unfair advantage due to her plants if there are no wards!)

TL;DR
It's a great map but i still agree with most in saying that it needs to be separate. The issues old TT had are not being fixed by you changing the game mode entirely :/ also wards are needed unless teemo is not allowed on the map.

EDIT:
I would also like to point out i rarely see that low of an upvote score on a news item, if that isnt indication enough on the communities opinion!

Silverwinds

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by asamu View Post
The game length "problem" was resolved, but champion balance was actually made worse due to the higher starting gold, altars, and removal of wards. The map now favors high CC/high mobility champions that are tanky enough to capture the altars reasonably easily and deal enough damage to be strong in 1v1: in other words, bruiser type champions are heavily favored on the map as it currently stands, while Mages and ADCs are severely limited due to a general lack of high mobility skills and being squishy, and pure tanks are not worth playing because they don't deal damage and generally lack mobility. In the original TT, champion balance was actually rather good; in fact, it was as good as, if not better than, 5v5 champion balance. There were very few champions that were not playable. Games could be long, but that is just part of the game, and with how altars work, snowballing gets out of control on the new TT, and snowballing is made easier for mobile tanky dps champions due to the lack of wards. With the new TT, you can't turtle effectively, which means that whichever team gets the lead early on wins with very few exceptions.
The only truly good thing that came with the new 3v3 map was the inability to blink over the wall to snipe the Nexus.

Yeah, put a speed shrine in the middle and make altars that give massive bonuses, but not allow wards and have ridiculously long lanes... That couldn't possibly be bad for balance... /end sarcasm

The lack of map vision is one of the main problems with the new map; as mentioned before, it just makes snowballing even stronger, and with the huge length of the lanes, there isn't any reliable way to stop snowballing, and ganking is almost too easy. With snowballing being so easy, if one team manages to capture both altars while they have a lead, it just becomes even more punishing, because the bonus gold and 10% AP/AD boosts have such a large impact.

The old map was better, Riot; you should really consider putting it back in and adding this one as a new map called Shadow Isles. Don't forget that removing the original Twisted Tree line screws up Maokai's lore, too.
Quoting this man for the sake of all the good points he mention'd. So many.

MegaHero

11-07-2012

=D

SmashArms

11-07-2012

and of course they make excusses for removing TT. dont want to admit that their lazy and selfish now do they? and whats this talk of ranked on TT? you can only do ranked if u have people, will they change that next season?

fieryzafara

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyOreos View Post
The new map is even more broken than the old one. If one team gets a slight lead by saying screw the other lane all three bot and pulls a few kills for a lead early they can hold it all game. It isnt fast paced action. It ends up being a one sided fight cause if they have a decent build and can hold the second altar for just a while they snowball the other team. In the old one yes turtling did happen and I have won by setting there at a turret and killing minions. But it isnt my fault that the other team didnt try to push and take it when they overpowered us no they wanted their win to last their fault. There is no chance for a comeback on the new map at all.

All I liked to play was 3v3 the map worked fine. I still play some now but I dont like to cause its lost all the fun. Its more like playing dominion than a 3v3 cause if you dont hold the points your screwed.
my thoughts exactly

Oyxl

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieryzafara View Post
my thoughts exactly
I second this. The new TT is horrible balance-wise. Going in without a bruiser or high mobility type champion is suicide. Having a single Teemo that can shroom the entire map, means full map control, while the opposition has none, assuming it wasn't a blind pick and they have Teemo too. That last part explains exactly why TT is immensely bad.

Geif old TT back plix.

funnyguy94

11-07-2012

I used to play TT ALL the time... not to be a downer, but I played about 9 games on the new TT when it first came out, and for the first time since I started playing league 2 years ago, I havent even logged into league in over a week...

dont get me wrong, the new one is kinda cool in its own messed up sort of way, it is just not TT. the only thing it has in common is the fact that it has 3 players.

Riot please fix your mistake.

I used to LOVE league. now I dont even want to play anymore :/

KalastRaven

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot GTez View Post
We also wanted players to focus their gold income on items that empower their champion in combat instead of wards.

I hope this philosophy gets extended to Summoner's Rift

Lazreal

11-07-2012

the new TT is awesome L2P

in my opinion these are the current meta requirments

#1: A good level 1 team fight comp.

#2: A jungler (preference one with CC or mobility)

#3: Diversity in Damage (need some AP in that bruiser comp.)

#4: Buy the new items/proper builds

#5: Team comp Synergy (the most important,ie. Malphite Viktor combo can kill the entire enemy team,2v3) with little they can do about it.)

so like the OP said go experiment and be creative GL HF.