[Champion Concept] "Red"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The5lacker

11-07-2012

(Note: This champion concept is inspired by the RWBY trailed released by Monty Oum of Roosterteeth, found [here]. This is almost purely a mechanics test, and as such she has no lore, so don't bother asking.)

EDITS:
- 11/9/2012 - Increased Crimson Dance's base damage to 10/45/80/115/150/185 from 10/25/40/55/70/85.
- Crimson Dance's cooldown now decreases with level in increments of 2 seconds.

Name: "Red"
Offense: 10
Defense: 4
Ability: 3
Difficulty: 8
Attributes: Assassin, Melee, Jungler, Carry

Base Stats
-Health: 422 (+74)
-Health Regen: 7 (+0.7)
-Mana: N/A
-Mana Regen: N/A
-Attack Damage: 50 (+3.6)
-Attack Speed: 0.660 (+0.3%)
-Attack Range: 175
-Armor: 12 (+3)
-Magic Resist: 30 (+1.25)
-Movement Speed: 320

Abilities

- Passive - Lady in Red
- Red starts with a rank in all of her abilities. Her basic abilities level up to 6 ranks and her Ultimate levels up to 4 in this way. (Note: This is due to how all of her abilities interact, as well as to make her fairly strong early game.)

- Q - Iron Thorn
- Active - Red's next autoattack is enhanced. She gains an attack range of 550 and deals 10/15/20/25/30/35 (+ bullet damage (explained below)) physical damage to the target. In addition, if she's within melee range, she'll make a melee attack with 10/15/20/25/30/35 bonus damage, with the ranged attack firing off as a remarkably fast skillshot behind them.
-Cost: 1 ammo (Only on hit)
-Cooldown: N/A

- W - Cloak of Roses
- Passive - If Red is out of combat for 3 seconds, she puts away her scythe and draws her cloak around her, shielding her from a single attack that would be made against her. Buff is lost if Red attacks or activates an ability.
- Active - Red teleports to a location within 450 units.
-Cost: N/A
-Cooldown: 30/27/24/21/18/15 seconds

- E - Crimson Dance
- Active - Fires a blast forwards, dealing 10/45/80/115/150/185 (+ bullet damage (explained below)) physical damage to enemies in a line 800 long. Propels Red backwards up to 600 units, at a speed of roughly 1200. Red can press E again mid-flight to anchor her scythe into the ground, standing on the hilt. Any autoattack from the hilt allows her to leap up to 550 units to the target. Iron Thorn can be triggered from this position, and Crimson Dance can be activated again, with cooldown starting when she gets off of the scythe.
-Cost: 1 ammo
-Cooldown: 20/18/16/14/12/10 seconds
- Second Active - Red leans forwards, firing a shot into the ground and propelling herself into the air towards a spot within 800 units. Deals normal attack damage to whoever she lands on, procing on hit effects and able to be improved by Iron Thorn.
-Cost: 1 ammo

- Ultimate - Vorpal Edge -
- Passive - Grants Red 8/12/16/20 ammo capacity, 5/10/15/20% armor penetration, and bullet damage equal to 50/55/60/65% of her total attack damage.
- Active - Red reloads her clip, restoring her ammo. This is the only way to restore ammo. Takes 4/3.5/3/2.5 seconds to reload.
Cost: N/A
Cooldown: N/A

The5lacker

11-07-2012

Bumpin'

CardianChevalier

11-07-2012

I like it. This is a very nice rendition. I'm gonna try one myself, but built a lot differently than this. I still like this though, great job. The interaction is nice, the ammo system is very unique and challenging yet interesting. I love the W personally.

The5lacker

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorekHedgemon View Post
I like it. This is a very nice rendition. I'm gonna try one myself, but built a lot differently than this. I still like this though, great job. The interaction is nice, the ammo system is very unique and challenging yet interesting. I love the W personally.
Designing her was a LOT of fun, I must say. It's hard to make a champ who's as combo-rific as the Red in the trailer, but I think the ammo system with her Q balances that out well enough. Spam it too much, suddenly you're out an escape.

And yes, her W is glorious. It's basically a free "flicker" that makes it so she's always the one to initiate combat. Very powerful, but only defensively.

The5lacker

11-07-2012

Bumpin'

The5lacker

11-08-2012

Bumpin'

Munkey20

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

I didn't even think about including an ability like her W, thats pretty good. Not quite what I was originally thinking, but I like the ammo, and her abilities are solid and show off what she can do. My only concern is her ability to farm since her E doesn't seem like it would be good at clearing minions waves, and her overall damage seems a bit on the low side. Early game its good that they are low, but late game her abilities are only going to be dealing 300ish damage if she's running a high AD build. Just seems like her base damage needs to scale up a bit quicker if she was going to be stay viable.

The5lacker

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkey20 View Post
I didn't even think about including an ability like her W, thats pretty good. Not quite what I was originally thinking, but I like the ammo, and her abilities are solid and show off what she can do. My only concern is her ability to farm since her E doesn't seem like it would be good at clearing minions waves, and her overall damage seems a bit on the low side. Early game its good that they are low, but late game her abilities are only going to be dealing 300ish damage if she's running a high AD build. Just seems like her base damage needs to scale up a bit quicker if she was going to be stay viable.
Keep in mind, her E doesn't just scale on bonus attack damage, but total. Plus, it's more of an escape than a farming ability. Most of her farming is going to be with her Q, due to the fact it can reliably get last hits and even hit multiple foes at once.

If enough people express concern with her late-game scaling, I may tweak it a bit, but I don't want it to be too strong. It's basically a 600 unit dash that just happens to deal damage behind it, and can be set up somewhat like Fizz's E. Adding too much damage to that could be dangerous.

SephirothWontDie

11-08-2012

you will never look at red riding the same way after seeing the video, lol. even if its not really red riding hood, it looks like her. XD

The5lacker

11-08-2012

Bumpin'