Riot PLEASE disallow HIGH ELO TEAMS from being matched to LOW ELO TEAMS!!!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MarsCollective

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

So yeah, my 3v3 team is 1300ish elo (top 1501 in old tt), we suck. We are bad.

We just lost to a team who totally OBLITERATED US and I was 100% certain their carry was high elo.

I checked his profile after match.

Who was he? Xzevz. Or well, she.

She is the #21 player in the Solo Queue ladder in the world. She is 2665 elo.

But not only that. She also has a Diamond 3v3 team. She also has a Diamond 5v5 team.

What happened how can she be matched to us? Simple, this game allows you to simply create new 3v3 teams with 0 wins and despite whichever elo you have on any team, you still get matched vs 1200 teams. YAHOOOOO easy wins vs low elo players like us, FREE STATS WOOOO!!!

But seriously, Im so frustrated right now lol. This is even worse if you read the EDIT #1 below.

EDIT #1: OH BTW, IM PLAYING AGAINST THEM AGAIN, TWICE IN A ROW.

Yeah. Also this is not the first time we get matched against high elo solo queue players (2.4k+ elo; sometimes even the 3 of them are 2.4k+ elo), I guess it is fine that you allow this on high elo solo queue players because team play is different, but allowing it on players that already have DIAMOND TEAMS (yes, teamS) on that queue is plain silly. Please Riot I beg you, fix this in Season 3.

I beg you.

EDIT #2: I find it hard to believe that this is even done by a Riot player seemingly on purpose, I sure hope he passes by and gives us some explanations or something because I doubt he simply wants to stomp worse players (kind of ironically goes against the summoners code).

EDIT #3: Im not sure how this problem would be solved fully, but click here if you want to see a suggestion I thought that could act as the beginning to a better solution, and let me know what you think.

EDIT #4: Just to avoid any possible confusion, in this thread Im not calling out on the player Xzevz nor on her team because technically it is not their fault the system is flawed. Im precisely complaining about the system being flawed in a way that this is allowed to happen. She's actually a respectful person and player, though I still dont approve of players who purposely create new teams if they already have certain elo achieved, but in this case, since the season is almost done and invites per week are limited, I could see why they had to make a new team to carry the other players to platinum/diamond rewards.

Colinsworth

11-07-2012

They are probably the only team on that is playing ranked 3's around your elo.

MarsCollective

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colinsworth View Post
They are probably the only team on that is playing ranked 3's around your elo.
I dont know about you but Id rather the system making me wait longer than putting me against teams like that.

Also, S2 almost ends, I doubt we are the only team playing! There are probably several teams trying to reach elo thresholds for rewards.

MarsCollective

11-07-2012

Riot pls

MarsCollective

11-08-2012

Boku Girl

11-08-2012

I know what you mean, it was incredibly frustrating tying to get gold in 3s because every 1/3 games, we'd get matched up with a team of at least 2 1800+ players who already have gold (and usually plat) in 3s. We eventually gave up after losing to 3 plat teams straight.

iMRts

11-08-2012

Agreed. There should be options.

1. Would you be willing to wait a lot longer to match against summoners at your level?

MarsCollective

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMRts View Post
Agreed. There should be options.

1. Would you be willing to wait a lot longer to match against summoners at your level?
Definitely.

You have a choice to make, do you want a fast found match that you know for 99% sure you will lose (and lose elo) and most likely will last at least 15 min, or do you want to wait 15 min more for a more fair match?

I think Id wait it out cause either way, it is a waste of time but in the second option at least you dont lose elo nor get stomped for certain

MarsCollective

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mid Kat Only View Post
I know what you mean, it was incredibly frustrating tying to get gold in 3s because every 1/3 games, we'd get matched up with a team of at least 2 1800+ players who already have gold (and usually plat) in 3s. We eventually gave up after losing to 3 plat teams straight.
Exactly, but honestly Im starting to lose hope on this being fixed or even done anything about it, simply because even Riot seems to "approve" and encourage this behaviour.

I say this because Riot recently featured Sam's stream, and even though he and his team are great TT players, they do this like 24/7 (create new teams, stomp for 5~15 matches and make a new one, and rinse and repeat).

This wouldnt be so bad if it wasnt because 1 of Sam's team is also a Rioter (Riot Vesh), so if a Riot person does this all day (and they tryhard stomp too) on low eloers, and it gets featured by Riot, I guess it is approved behaviour (quite the irony considering this goes against the summoners code).

But it makes me wonder.. if they approve unfair high elo vs low elo stompfest matches, then whats the point of ELO in the first place? Why not just make matchmaking completely random?

I mean its not like it will be any different than abusing this the way they are doing it right now anyway.

MarsCollective

11-08-2012

Last bump of the night before bed.

Just hoping a Red sees this and gives me feedback of if this is approved behavior or if they will do anything bout it in S3.