Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What's up with Vlad?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BustInAButt

11-07-2012

For the past ... idk.. month i guess, I have been paying close attention to Vlad because I am thinking about buying him. Unfortunately every game (and i do mean every) i see him being played, he is losing... It seems like his opponents always snowball against him.. top or mid. I've played with vlads against vlads and spectate any vlad game i can. They always lose...? It seems like he just gets... outlaned.

So what's up with vlad? ._.
is he easily countered? Was he nerfed within the last year (only been playing about 6 months)? Maybe no one (I've seen) knows how to properly use him? Is he one of those high-elo-specific champs? Low-elo-specific champs? Where exactly does he fall?

BrownThunder92

11-07-2012

You've either been watching bad Vlads or Vlads with bad matchups. He can snowball extremely hard if he gets an advantage on his lane opponent through his high sustained damage, and once he hits level 9 and has revolver he's very difficult to push out of lane. He is seen more in high-elo because people realize how much he brings to a team there, but I play him in relatively low elo (1400's) with a lot of success.

Vlad has a few really tough matchups, both top and mid (Riven/Irelia/Rumble top, Swain mid), so he's not a really safe first pick. The only really difficult thing about playing as Vlad is knowing when/what to pool. If you get that down you can get out of a lot of sticky situations

AskKarthus

11-07-2012

Vlad is an overall strong champ, but he has a weak laning phase until lv 9. After 9, or until after he gets a hextech revolver, he can just bully his opponent. Everything the above poster is also valid.