Kassadin vs Katarina Mid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jjnn89

11-07-2012

I recently played a ranked game as Kass and I lost my lane to a Kat. They said Kass was a hard counter but I don't see how. I'm decent with Kass but that Kat was just super aggressive pre-lvl 6(no mana). I couldn't farm or trade enough damage. I couldn't get a gank because I'm playing in low elo, had a wukong jungle, and was given no blue. She eventually ganked another lane and came back to wreck me and my team afterwards,snowballing hard.

AskKarthus

11-07-2012

If you lose to Kat as Kass, you're doing something wrong. If you do end up zoned, last hit with your q, and wait until late. Kass is great late game. You should also save your silence for Kat's ult. You should also zone her pre-6 with your q.

TeknoWizard

11-07-2012

"and was given no blue."

Well there's your problem. She harasses for free, while you consume mana to do so. Seems to me like a more "player error" than an issue with the champion. I'd suggest trying it out again with a jungler that will give you blue buff.

jjnn89

11-07-2012

Great tips guys thank you. I never really zone/aggressive with anyone with pre lvl 6 Kass so Ill give that a try. I did ask for blue but wukong took it anyways. It was ranked so I tried to just let it slide. I have no probelms mid to late game as long as I have a decent early game.

xBlighte

11-07-2012

Kat can just outfarm Kassadin anyway.

Alltara

11-10-2012

kassadin actually got quite a hard time against kata, but the way kat plays to win this lane is to play super aggresive and abusing kassas cds of his cds, but if she trades q to q she will completely lose the trade so if she wants to come out ahead she will have to shunpo u and try to chase u down with auto attacks. You should ask for a gank when she does this, since when she goes in on you with shunpo she will have no escape and shes quite far up so she will be really easy to gank

jjnn89

11-11-2012

Oh nice thank you yeah I play kass more aggressive now. I have a better understanding now

Magus Crow

11-11-2012

I'd advise holding your q for a shunpo pre-6 and wrecking her after she jumps to you. Post 6 you can burn it on her q then rift in and wreck her instead. Most of the game is going to be when to silence her.

Even if you outplay her in lane she pushes much harder than you do. You'll probably need to call for ganks once you get to medium levels or counter-gank if she goes roaming.

JJI744

11-11-2012

You were likely messing up somewhere. If Kat ever uses her combo on you (dagger into shunpo into sinester steel) she has absolutly nothing left and your free to Q +E+auto-attack as she flees away. You should win that damage trade easily.