Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Someone Who Loves Altars

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tom59593

11-07-2012

So I've been reading a lot of negative feedback regarding the new map for a while now, and I just wanted to post to show that not EVERYONE hates the altar idea. In no way am I attempting to persuade you that dislike the altars to agree with me, and I'd expect the same courtesy in return.

Before the remake, I enjoyed 3v3 a little bit. It was the first map I ever played, and I leveled to probably level 10 playing only Twisted Treeline. Then I fell in love with the depth of Summoner's Rift, and I never really looked back. Most of that is due to the fact that none of my friends ever wanted to play 3v3 anymore, so I stuck with them so we could play together.

After the remake, I absolutely LOVE 3v3. It is literally an improvement in every way for me. I realize this is an uncommon opinion, but that's ok. I love the fact that losing a team fight means you'll probably lose an altar, and that altars mean so much. It gives weight to those things. I love that you really need to be the agressor at an altar if you want to actually capture or defend it. I love the fact that you can't just sit in lane the whole game. I love the fact that there's this speed buff in the middle to make crazy stuff happen.

I just love how I have to be on my toes at all times. I love that I have to constantly be making sure they don't capture my altar and if I have theirs I love that I have to get ready before the 90 seconds is up to defend the sucker so they don't gain their gold advantage back. I love the new items. I love the new jungle with all it's fog of war and places to hide. I love the fact that if an enemy leaves lane I know exactly where they are even if I can't see them. I love how important team fights are.

Basically, I love the new 3v3 map, and I'd be ok if they left it as is from now on. I realize and understand why most of us disagree with that notion, but I just wanted to make sure it was understood that there ARE people out there that really like the new map.