Best Universal Wireless Headset?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I See Stars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

Hello my TB Foxtrot's (PX21s) just died on me and I need a new headset.

I prefer them to have Wireless and work with PC (via USB for skype and typical game audio), and 360 (again with chat support).

I also liked how I could adjust the bass on the PX21s, but as long as the headset has good base that is not needed (I listen to a lot of Electro and Dubstep).

Does anybody have any recommendations?

AlmightyAtheismo

11-15-2012

I use the TB PX3. It was a little expensive when I first got them, but I'm sure they've gone down a bit since.

I love them, it's my favorite headset I've ever owned. When you fully charge the headset it can run on the battery for more than 8 hours straight - only takes about 2 hours to fully charge (I just plug it in every night when I go to sleep).

The Mic is sensitive and super clear, which is perfect for me since I mumble a bit.

You can tune the volume with a dial on the headset which is super convenient.

Oh and last but most importantly it's super comfortable, I could wear them for 48 hours straight (and I did during GW2 release) and not even notice them there.

My one and only complaint is that if there is no audio output for several minutes they headset starts to make this really annoying beeping sound that pulses once every 10 seconds or so, and it will eventually power itself off. The self-power off is a good idea, because it means you can't accidentally drain your battery - but the beeping is kind of annoying

Overall I give them 9.8/10

edit: I use the word 'super' a lot...

edit2: I realized I left out the range, which may be relevant for someone who wants a wireless headset. I don't know the max range (although I'm sure it's easy to find out), but I know that I'm able to walk to my kitchen which is about 25 feet away from my computer and the signal is completely fine, although if you're near a microwave you'll notice a bit of distortion while it's running

I See Stars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmightyAtheismo View Post
I use the TB PX3. It was a little expensive when I first got the, but I'm sure they've gone down a bit since.

I love them, it's my favorite headset I've ever owned. When you fully charge the headset it can run on the battery for more than 8 hours straight - only takes about 2 hours to fully charge (I just plug it in every night when I go to sleep).

The Mic is sensitive and super clear, which is perfect for me since I mumble a bit.

You can tune the volume with a dial on the headset which is super convenient.

Oh and last but most importantly it's super comfortable, I could wear them for 48 hours straight (and I did during GW2 release) and not even notice them there.

My one and only complaint is that if there is not audio output for several minutes they headset starts to make this really annoying beeping sound that pulses once every 10 seconds or so, and it will eventually power itself off. The self-power off is a good idea, because it means you can't accidentally drain your battery - but the beeping is kind of annoying

Overall I give them 9.8/10
I was looking at those, but I have a few questions about them.

Does it work with Skype chat? As in is there a Chat Volume and Game Volume I can adjust separately?

Also, How is the sound quality on them? Do you have any other TB's that you would compare them to?

AlmightyAtheismo

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?? ?? View Post
I was looking at those, but I have a few questions about them.

Does it work with Skype chat? As in is there a Chat Volume and Game Volume I can adjust separately?

Also, How is the sound quality on them? Do you have any other TB's that you would compare them to?

These were my first pair of TB headsets (but I'll prolly never buy from anyone else now, that's how much I love them), so I don't have any real comparisons.

The sound quality is really really good imo, super clear and crisp. I'm more of a thrash metal/classic rock guy and I listen to my music really loudly and they handle it great.

As for the volume question goes, they do only have the 1 dial which controls your computer's volume settings - so unfortunately you'd need to play with Skype a little to get the ratio how you like it, although after that you should be fine.

I See Stars

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmightyAtheismo View Post
These were my first pair of TB headsets (but I'll prolly never buy from anyone else now, that's how much I love them), so I don't have any real comparisons.

The sound quality is really really good imo, super clear and crisp. I'm more of a thrash metal/classic rock guy and I listen to my music really loudly and they handle it great.

As for the volume question goes, they do only have the 1 dial which controls your computer's volume settings - so unfortunately you'd need to play with Skype a little to get the ratio how you like it, although after that you should be fine.
Are you sure it doesn't work with Skype like I said? It appears to have a separate chat volume dial on it.

AlmightyAtheismo

11-15-2012

It has preset buttons which you could use to save different settings and then switch to them, so I guess kind of what you want.