Preseason Itemization Preview

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Irie Vibrator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustmaker View Post
Are you guys removing Youmuu's or planning on changing it? With these new options for Brutalizer to upgrade to, it seems like this item will be left by the wayside if left unchanged.
Youmuu's will still be great on AD carries (not casters) like Tryn, Yi, and Fiora.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-07-2012
12 of 29 Riot Posts

Quote:
The new BC's penetration applies after doing damage. In other words, for people like Talon to get the reduction down, he has to blow his full combo. Now what? I mean, it's still useful for your carry, but this BC doesn't seem to be as friendly to assassins as you guys seem to want it to be...
It depends. On a low armored target, Black Cleaver % reduction won't be doing much for you anyway so you should tap your full-combo.

On a high armored target, think about pre-applying some stacks via autoattacks before blowing your main damage spells. Pantheon's Spear Shot, for example, has something akin to a 4 second cooldown. If you're really up against a tank/bruiser with high armor / low health - suddenly that pre-fight harass becomes much more important to how your full-combo pans out.

ViolentlyCar

11-07-2012

I know you're doing items and not maps, but are you guys adjusting the Dominion penetration auras when S3 comes out? They were balanced for the old system and it's hard to imagine they won't be out of line in the new one.

Keith Bones

11-07-2012

Another riot poster stated that early items will have more lategame build options, to prevent you from being locked into a specific path every game, but also to be more adaptable to enemy items. What is there to stop a carry or AD caster from actively countering any defenses that the enemies build?

Example: You build early ArPen assuming the enemy tank will build armor, but they build health and regen, so you simply build your early ArPen into a more damage based lategame item, wich defeats the purpose of trying to build tanky in the first place. How will tanks stay competitive?

TheFailBus

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al3x4ndar View Post
Man when you guys 1st announced changing order of flat and % armor pen. I hoped that this will make armor pen. runes more viable as well as Brutalizer/Ghostblade and Black Cleaver (old). What you're doing instead is nerfing every source of flat armor pen.

Brutalizer had 50% more armor pen., Ghostblade had 150% more compared to new BC (and probably to new version of itself), and then you're nerfing runes.

Problem with flat armor pen. was that it was becoming weaker late game. So when you announced changes I thought you'll make it viable throughout whole game, but what you'll do with this nerf to its values is that you'll make it non viable investment at all stages of the game if amount will be that small. So % penetration will be even better choice over flat then it already was.
Well now flat penetration will be useful when combo'd with % pen thanks the it being applied after. If you redcue 50% of their armour first then the flat amount means a heck of a lot more.

Pestilence777

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al3x4ndar View Post
So % penetration will be even better choice over flat then it already was.
but now there is not a downside to having both, before you were losing efficiency by having both flat and percent in your build

Izzabelle

11-07-2012

Xyph. Is there anything you can tell us about new support items? and how you aim to enhance that role through itemization?

WonderBoy55

11-07-2012

Will we see an AD/AS item that isn't Youmuu's or MBR?

Silent Swordsme

11-07-2012

You do realise that by buffing black cleaver... this makes AD Tanky Champions much more overpowered

StrmCkr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Quote:
I'm assuming this will be the order, since it's the current order, with flat and % switched. Which is what Xypherous already said, so...
that's what i asked twice{ in that same order as u listed} i just didn't feel like pasting it once again :P

i just wanted confirmation befor i updated my programs