Preseason Itemization Preview

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Black Phoenix

12-04-2012

R.I.P. Lol

Pinkwraith

12-04-2012

gunna point out that you put Sword of the Divine in the reworked items section, instead of the New items section, but i like how you can now stack gp10 items

Skrearl Master

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perissh1 View Post
Hmm..So I understand the need to get rid of the heart of gold because of the early health it gave, but what that did was reduced the number of items a support could use to try to increase his income...Many times i would build one just for the gp10 until later in the game then sell it back without actually building the randuins out of it..So my question to you is now that there are fewer gp10 items yet more items to build into out of those gp10 items, has any thought been given to removing the 'unique' from the gp10s? I think it would stop people from buying the gp10s that they dont necessarily need just for the gp10 it gives and let them build a few of the ones that they actually will upgrade and get the same benefit that most supports are looking for.

Apparently you weren't here during the days of the no unique gp10 items. Gangplank would stack all avirace blades. It was scary. And in a blink of an eye he had a full build in mid game. Especially witht the new AB that grants gold on kills? Yeah, no.

Skrearl Master

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

By the by, I'm completely depressed about the removal of FoN. It was one of the best MR tank items. But on an up note, the Morellonomicon (lulz) is gonna make my Teemo even more of a rofl stomper =D

Neblin007

12-04-2012

I love all the new items!! Gonna change the game up making it a much more complicated chess match. =)

danwilson

12-04-2012

I normally try to play AP Carries, usually AOE and CC types like Orianna, Viktor, and Xerath. Looking at the nevv items thinking hovv to apply them to those champions, I'm seeing some vveird stuff.

Liandry's Torment does 5% current health to target after the target takes magic damage. Looks good for an AP user that can spam abilities, like Karthus (does he need a buff?). Syndra's ult can do magic damage up to 6 times, and she has a slovv to double the damage for 10% current health six times. I assume DOT abilities are also affected... Teemo's shrooms should be extra annoying. I don't think they slovv, Teemo's vvill probably build Rylai's for that... And it looks useful for champions that have fast attack speed and do magic damage (carrying a Malady). Imagine Ashe doing 10% current health per arrovv...

Mikael's Crucible - an item for Ryze? Mana, mana regen, magic resist, and de-debuff...

Iceborn Gauntlet - an item for Ryze? Mana, armor, damage multiplier, AOE slovv...

Muramana - an item for Ryze? Mana, mana regen, mana based damage to AD and abilities...

Assuming a Ryzegod had these items, vvith around 3600 mana, that's 20+72+216 bonus AD + 125% base AD after ability use, and abilities get SuperRyze's usual enhancement from mana + 216 bonus magic damage... Able to slovv gankers vvhile using the crucible to shed slovvs... Add a Seraph's Embrace (mana and a mana based shield) and still tvvo slots left...

I don't play Ryzesaurus Rex... guess I should start...

I think Muramana improves AP assassin's, a category of champion that is already difficult to deal vvith (for my squishy APs anyvvays). Lolmatches indicates that of the five top killing champions, 3 are AP assassins. Kassadin is also high on the list, along vvith Karthus, vvho I believe Lay VVaste counts as single target ability if it hits one target and therefore procs Muramana. I don't think some of the most killy champions need items like this...

Mercurial Scimitar - Avvesome item... Of course, I use slovvs and stuns to stop melee champs from getting to me, already fairly unsuccessfully. And novv AD items are cheaper... sigh...

Fevv of the nevv items appear more useful for my champions than my current item builds. Shard of True Ice is intriguing. Liandry's Torment has some potential, but I don't have any DOT or multiple spell damage abilities (I normally use Povver Transfer on Viktor), and don't focus on magic damage and attack speed...

Changed items are disappointing for my existing builds... Lich Bane and Athene's vvere nerfed for me. DFG looks like a must-have for AP users, vvith the most major upgrade being it's cost... The magic pen changes seem like I'll lose out early game, for benefits that are negligible late game unless enemies stack magic resist (more likely to start stacking health, I think) and I get a Void Staff.

And there is 180 pages of people excited about Black Cleaver changes. Yeah, health, AD, CDR, armorpen... looks pretty good for AD... Nothing really comparable for AP users. You can't get a complete package like that for AP users, and in my mind 50 AD=100 AP vvith the AP scaling on abilities, not taking into account attack speed > cooldovvns and mana.

The goal for season 3 items vvas to have more item diversity creating different feasible builds... So far, for season 3 I'm thinking for my AOE AP users, I need: Rabadons Deathcap, Deathfire Grasp, Rod of Ages, Rylai's Crystal Scepter, Sorcerer Shoes, Athene's Unholy Grail. VVhich is vvhat I ended up using for Season 2.

planes25jb

12-04-2012

going off topic here u guys are being retarded and ima be up front with u i got band for 200 years first of all. whats the point on showing that when the person will be dead anyways by the time they get there acc back? second of all i think u should take that 200 year **** away and atleast make the limit 3 or 4 months how do u expect anyone to like or tell there friends about this game think about the ppl that spent money on this game i mean ur being real scumy i think u should just take the 200 year **** off and like i said make the limit atleast to 3 to 4 months tops. and the reason why i got banned and this is stright up is becouse my computer broke one of the card chips in my com broke at that time i didnt know and so my com kep shuting off during lol games at time to time and i got reported for afk so first of all once i found out it was broke i stoped playing league and once every few days i would go on and see whats latest news and champs so i went to log on my acc yesterday and it said that i got banned untill about 200 years i didnt even get any email yet so anyways all i mean is im done with league of legends untill u take this problem away cus u guys are being stupid

Jeanschyso

12-04-2012

Where are all the good tank items? I see lots of builds for high damage but not much new stuff for tanks.. Are you guys trying to remove some power from the champions that make support more active? Please no gold generation stacking, it was a pain to deal with back then -_-

On another note, I feel like Teemo and Singed will be pains in the butt XD I'll see, but I might have to stop playing tanky agressive supports if I want to stay up to par

Aggrothis

12-04-2012

Im not sure, but i find that playing a support this season will be a complete waste. Sure there is a couple of nice items and Im very much looking forward to the sight stones or whatever but i can't get past 1 thing. Supports, unless TANKY AS H***, will die much much faster now. Soraka, my main, only survivability is her healing. No escape mechanics but a silence which is utterly useless against an auto attacker. Her healing is being negated across the board and the damage the im seeing through some of these items appear to be overboard. The support is also forced to tower hug when the ADC is dead or going back to purchase items. With the Ohmwrecker, the support is dead. I didnt look into it much but if it is obtainable at the end of lane phase to mid game then where can a support go?
Then for team fights a fed trynd with that sword of divine + that Hydra weapon (the AoE damage weapon with a 100% damage active) can easily penta kill. Attack trynd, he ults and you all die....Dont attack trynd then you all die. The team will be forced to scatter even more. And since some crits = over 1k+ damage, it will take literally all 3 hits from SoD to kill all 5 players if they are grouped together. Smarter and more cautious play will be required, yea. More warding will be required, yea. But How to ward if you die in 2 to 3 hits?

So my counter? Only thing I could think of would be to stop playing a traditional support and use a champ that has CC or better escape mechanics. Janna, taric, fiddles, ashe, and Leona may replace the sona or soraka support depending on how these items see live play....shame i had to use fiddles or ashe as support :\ since Riot's Supports cant do anything to counter the increasingly tougher champs.

Corpse Stomper

Recruiter

12-04-2012

The main reasons why me and tons of other LoL players don't play DOTA is because of the very limited amount of active items. Active items are a pain when you add so many; people who are better at hot keying will destroy people who don't like to use hotkeys at all... Please don't turn League into DOTA....