Preseason Itemization Preview

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

InsanexAngel

12-03-2012

Im definitely gonna miss the Force of Nature.......Mundo Build changed to 5 warmogs now XD. Btw guys, Just out of curiosity, Is Crystalline Flask influenced by the Bottle in DOTA 2?

vaeeguar

12-03-2012

why isnt thornmail not being removed..

Gravesbane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

So the new Phantom Dancer.. basically makes Fizz's passive obsolete

Sonic Nova

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42Weasels View Post
Gonna break the trend here and mention something other than the armor pen.
What's the deal with Force of Nature? It's been a standard item of mine for most of my tanky melee dps, to tank through more burst and help against being kited. The few MR items being introduced in this patch don't seem to be oriented towards champions that I play, Riven, Renekton, Rengar, Wukong, Darius, etc. Characters like Riven and Renekton seem to be hit even harder, as Banshee's is less cost effective when you don't need mana. What changes, if any, can I expect to see coming to help ad bruisers?
I agree, they could have easily just reworked it so that it could still fill the role of highest MR offering item and still be viable for S3, but apparently having two "out of place" passives such as the 1.75% max HP regen and +8% MS completely invalidates an item for rework consideration. They didn't even add any tank-specific/high-end MR items into this preseason update and are removing a crucial anti-mage tank item for so many builds. Well, great job Riot, tanks now have NOTHING to counter fed APCs, and the vicious cycle continues, fed teams will continue to be fed and win, and losing teams will continue to lose and fail.

Cerulean Fire

12-03-2012

Sooooo with the force of nature gone, what DO you build for MR??? Seriously, there's no "Frozen Heart/Thornmail" for AP casters now. =( Seriously Riot? What are we supposed to build now?

cookiezman

12-03-2012

So GP 10's are nerfed....HoG is gone, Avarice blade is useless, and Kage's Pick is 1 G down....there goes the support builds. Never support again haha

BloodHuey

12-03-2012

I absolutely hate the new item changes. I can't even begin to explain how much I hate the new items. I wanted new upgrades for items like Haunting Guise, but these make the game feel more like HoN now.

Cerulean Fire

12-03-2012

@Xypherous

Can you explain WHAT were supposed to build to counter AP casters now?

cookiezman

12-03-2012

The new items are nice but the changing around of so many items is a bit much. Nerfing items that are not even used and items that are barely useful. Seriously though....they need to do something about thornmail

Sonic Nova

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaeeguar View Post
why isnt thornmail not being removed..
It's not being removed as it's still going to be the go-to counter-ADC item for tanks and bruisers alike. Its passive is balanced as the item ONLY offers armor, which still stands at 100, making it the highest-tier armor item for the game. That, and the fact that if an ADC builds life steal as their supposed to, then the damage should be superfluous to the amount of health they're receiving on-hit.