Preseason Itemization Preview

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TazDevil20

11-11-2012

Hmmm...seems interesting!!!

Dalrix

11-11-2012

With all these new items/removal of MBR are they finally going to fix kog'maw's SR recommended items?

Enfys Ellezard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

Xypherous, I love how you have been taking great care of these new items for AD casters and supports while also making those Tenacity items seem useful with its new passive.

More Armor pen on hit item is pretty nice but there's one thing we caster really really need as well.

AD + Mana Regen item.

Because Tiamat and Manamune are very BAD choices, will there be more caster items for AD casters to get that support spamming? Because it sucks running out of mana when the AP casters can just rush Chalice for free perma blue.

Rainbrö Däsh

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Draven would probably prefer if someone else got it so he could stack AD and axe your face off. That AD Carry scaling.
But the Black Cleaver is an axe. He should have a Black Cleaver in one hand and a Tiamat in the other.

SuperBUGS

11-11-2012

Why remove cloak and dagger ?
It costs half the price of a phantom dancer... which is about 1400... > 2800
The phantom dancer will be nerfed abit (the atk speed and mve speed)... for the unit collision... which is stupid.. most of the adc have some sort of gap closer to avoid units... and wouldn't it benefit a melee oriented champion more since we have ranged attacks... ?
That means adc will have a head start on their last whisper... 1400g meaning that you'll get your ga out faster for late game... ?!
You remove the green elixir... might as well remove all of the elixirs... i usually get green elixirs after i brought my ie because i wont have the money to finish a phantom dancer... which averages around 16mins(i favour daggers and vamp sep first) if im doing good to complete and 24mins to the latest (thats when im getting kicked in the face)...
AD casters are getting better... what the AD who favors auto attacks ?
I can see why the black cleaver benefit AD casters more.

LISTEN TO THE COMMUNITY.
THEY ARE ALL UPSET ABOUT THE HOG REMOVAL AS WELL...

Lets see how season 3 plays out.

Undead Thing

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBUGS View Post
Why remove cloak and dagger ?
Talon threatened to sue riot for copyright infringement.

Tbcrow

11-11-2012

Slightly off topic but I feel pseudo important to ask.

With the major item overhauls/changes/removals/additions, will recommended builds be altered?

Also, will stats like Tenacity/Armor Pen/Magic Pen be a searchable feature under their relative trees? In game, it feels there is room for a 5th category, and I would like to be able to click a button at the store to view all of the available armor pen items, etc. With the addition of 3 buttons, you may encourage players to seek out items they hadn't used before. Edited for clarity; Tenacity would be under defense, armor pen under attack, magic pen under magic.

In addition to that, could the new store have a search feature? Type and item name and BAM, there it is. I type faster than I click through a bunch of menu's trying to remember where the hell an item is. It would be very handy not to have to dig through 3 menus to find an item you're looking for.

DeadlyBrother

11-11-2012

so u are giving the undiserved classes more options so my hybrid carries will have more options than the 3 items that i must have for them to work woot more diversity item customization is half the fun

JohnGD117

11-11-2012

New armor penetration calculations, specifically with the new black cleaver, as revealed, grants Darius 100% ArP BEFORE considering flat ArP. (10% ArP from masteries, 40% from Last Whisper, 25% from new Black Cleaver, 25% from abilities)

If I remember correctly, ArP that leaves your opponent below zero armor increases damage done to the target. I am going to do some in game tests to do the math, but it seems that before the nerf to flat ArP that you mention in the original post, Darius can deal damage to ANY opponent no matter what armor items they have (except fully stacked leviathan) as if they were sitting at around -40 armor or so.

(10 from new black cleaver, 24 from runes, 6 from masteries: -40 total with a potential for more)

Call me crazy, but that is a lot of potential damage, essentially making every flat ArP item in the game give a ton of extra AD to Darius especially since all of those items already grant AD to start with.

How do you intend on addressing this?

WarGolem2011

11-11-2012

The updates do sound like they would help a bit. But what are you doing in terms of Ap casters? Also what is going to keep these new tweaks from being over bearing? I honestly would like to avoid Dota style instant death. I usually play LoL as a break from Dota because you can play more casually. So how will this new patch effect the casual players?