Preseason Itemization Preview

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fenix9000

11-09-2012

Ermm brutalizer gives 15 Arp not10, you either got the stats wrong or we just witnessed a ninja nerf o.o

11-09-2012

I would have been happier if they increased the size of a stack of wards. 5 wards per stack isn't enough later in the game, when you need to cover more of the map and you have less space because you're building more items. But due to this item, you're only going to be able to place 2 wards at a time, meaning that later 1 slot = 2 wards, and then you need another slot for 5 more wards to cover the rest of the map. Unless the item that this builds into lets you put even more wards down, then it's not worth it, IMO.

And taking out HoG? maybe nerf it, but taking it out completely is horrible. =( What about supports like Taric, Leona, Alister, etc. who have pretty much no use for AP from Kage's or crit from Avarice Blade, but need another gold item because they need Shurelya's early on for team fights?

Taking out Force of Nature got me pretty butthurt. lol The other 2 magic resist items that are commonly built are situational. Banshee's is primarily an anti-Blitzcrank shield, or to stop a bursty champ who relies on one skill, like Veigar. The magic resist of Banshee's compared to FoN is very low, and the spell shield isn't always useful, same with the health and mana. Abyssal Scepter is kind of the same situation. If you need MR, but you don't have AP or the enemy isn't really stacking much magic resist, it's a total waste. Force of Nature has health regen and Movement Speed. The item is being taken out because it's "confusing," but IMO it's not confusing in the slightest. EVERY champ in the game has health. Health regen is good. EVERY champ in the game can move. MS is good. It's only purchased for the magic resist because it's the best magic resist item in the game, and it's the cheapest, I think. Even if Spirit Visage gives more MR, the health regen passive will go to waste in a LOT of games. It's only good if you have lifesteal/spellvamp, or have some sort of ability or passive that regenerates health like Mundo's ult or Volibear's passive. Taking out FoN makes it so there are no magic resist items with stats that don't go to waste. All of the magic resist items are built for the bonus stats besides the MR. FoN is the only item that's built primarily for the MR and the other stats are an added bonus. Taking it out and giving no MR-based substitute is a mistake.

Omae81

11-09-2012

Love it

Trixlar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

I'm so excited for this patch.

crzymdscntst

11-09-2012

Okay awkward question:

Will we ever see Flip-Flop items?

And by that I mean items with 2 sets of stats. These can be difficult to balance, but I recall loving the limited versions in another MOBA game; "Realm of the Titans". The premise was simple, but overall had a positive effect on the game across the entire game.

The item I loved most was a sickle of some sort, I forget the name. However it essentially had 2 active states:

ITEM NAME OF MYSTERIOUS NATURE -
Deals X bonus damage to creeps. (Use item to switch active state, 3 second ability cooldown.)
Active State 1: Upon last hitting a creep, regain 28 health. (3 second cooldown)
Active State 2: Upon last hitting a creep, regain 14 mana. (3 second cooldown)

Where you could use it in the jungle for a sustained effect or in the lanes with a similar effect. Of course the health and mana being balanced differently in LoL. You could essentially decide that you're full health and work on mana, or keep a steady sustain going as you went along.

I don't think we'll ever see full on AP/AD versions of Flip-flop items, but perhaps will we ever see items that allow users to change what they need at a given time? (Like say health regen/mana regen for a support item.) I don't think the concept has to be complicated and it provides some higher-tier gameplay through items. However it can also be quite fun to work around and use these items to the best effect without it being negative for an opponent.

Dogadewd

11-09-2012

Itemization, blah blah blah

THIS:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...isplay.php?f=2

ARAM MATCH MAKING.

3,927 REPLIES
17,306 "YES" VOTES

You can not ignore this any longer.

You're making this ol' Army Vet cry Riot....
You owe us some face time and talks on how to make this a reality.

PM me for further discussions.

THIS is where the future of League of Legends is.

ValheruWolf

11-09-2012

Can we get a link to all item post you are putting on forums in the main post please, It's hard to find all the separate threads you are posting when this is the only one stickied.

PatchDays

11-09-2012

Quote:
1. Flat Armor Penetration and % Armor Penetration values are generally being lowered, but now Flat Penetration is calculated AFTER % Penetration
Does this mean that armor penetration ITEMS AND RUNES will be nerfed? Also I read from another rioter that hinted at nerfing ARMOR+MAGICRESIST RUNES, are any of these true or are the changes still up in the air? Any word about rune nerfs for season 3 would be appreciated

budL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
We're going to hit flat armor / mr penetration values early game - because right now if you don't do flat armor and magic resistances early - you essentially have zero armor or magic resistance by 6 minutes into the game.
Could you elaborate more? ;D. like how O_O. make them into pen/ level? D:.

also be sure to scale back some numbers... very.. very.. carefully...

I'm not sure making % go before flat is such a good idea. of course it makes having both effective. but the fact that they currently don't mesh well prevents some things from being ridiculous.

I've tried this before with leblanc. in an attempt to give her a somewhat potent lategame.

flat magic pen marks seals and quints (sums up to 21 spell pen) and 10% from masteries.
sorcerer's shoes.
haunting guise ( great and cheap early game item) and at this point having 61 MR penetration. with the most MR that people will have will be merc treads. although only 30 ap. =[
after a hat get, abyssal scepter for another 20.
then a void staff for 40% for late game. (rod of ages b4 this if i'm fed)

as slight as the change of making the forumla more effective with having both. this would probably be one of, if not THE most ridonculous scenario: (something i've tried b4) (btw as it is now it's not all that great. because void staff just fails with it (as it is now))

targets with X MR, will be reduced to Y resist; rather than Z resist; (x-20)*(1-0.4)(1-0.1)-61; ((x-20)-61)*(1-0.4)(1-0.1)
30 becomes -55.6; rather than -51. (supa squishies)
70 becomes -34; rather than -11. (some1 that just grabbed merc treads and glyphs)
135 becomes -1.6; rather than 29.2. (typical brusier)
225 becomes 49.7; rather than 77.76. (what a well stacked tank might eventually get)
300 becomes 90.2; rather than 118.26. (something nobody should ever get, with exception of singed... and maybe galio)
leblanc one combo'ing an ad carry isn't anything new... but it'll really make her awesome vs bruisers and tanks ;D. -1 vs 30 is huge! for dem bruisers.

Well. Uhm. I'm just going to leave this hear and wonder if it'll OP or not.

PS: just don't let this individual case ruin all the fun for everyone. ^_^

sadwallaby

11-10-2012

@xypherous

Don't you think characters in mid might get the sight stone as well? It costs roughly what a dorans ring + 2 wards would cost, but has more health then a dorans. You're trading 15 ap and some mana regen for having both sides of your lane warded forever, complete safety.

Same thing with top, really. Ward river + tribrush. Over 10-15 minutes in lane, you'll probably spend 300 gold in wards at least anyway, so the health becomes cost effective by the time you've placed the 4th ward.

I don't see it as a problem, but what's to stop each lane from having this item and then selling it off at a later point in the game if need be as it's basically a gp5 item in and of itself. (Two of these on a team would result in far more wards being placed then a typical game around 1400 elo, so I'm in favor of it).

If the problem has been overwarding and counter warding, why not make wards cost 150 and vision wards 250? You'll have the 2/4 wards from having Sightstones for free, but if you want to dominate vision all over the map you'll REALLY have to invest in it.