Preseason Itemization Preview

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Bronze V Noob

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodeuss1990 View Post

. BARE MY CHILDREN?
this guy is a petafile.

KBLOB

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Apparently I'm the only person that actually likes the early game regen from rushing a Tiamat.

AXyooj

11-09-2012

Now I can finally burst onto tanks if needed! with my assassins like Talon woot woot! can't wait for the next update!

DecafLatte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

I thought flat armor penetration happens before the % penetration kicks in.

Grappuccino

11-09-2012

It would be great if u made an ap item with health and defence for extra durribility on katarina

PHOtakill

11-09-2012

grrrrr

Aplier2

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecafLatte View Post
I thought flat armor penetration happens before the % penetration kicks in.
That's the way it is now. So if you have 20 flat pen and 50% pen, against a target with 100 armor, first it's -20 then -50%, ending at 40 equivalent armor, so your 20 flat pen only reduces a final value of 10. The change will reverse this so that flat pen is counted after %, so instead of 40 equivalent armor it would end up at 30 equivalent armor, letting flat pen have its full effect regardless of % pen.

Ryrok

11-09-2012

What about Negatron Cloak and Null-Magic Mantle? Can we combine those into one please?

Malíce

Recruiter

11-09-2012

I am love love LOVING these item changes especially the support ones (amg that tear arrrg) the only one that's upsetting is the removal of FoN because I loves the regen and the go fast lol

Aplier2

11-09-2012

Also, @Riot, while you're looking at items and early game choices, I feel like Avarice Blade is quite lacking when it comes to GP10 choices. Crit chance does very little for supports. Someone falling behind in their lane wants more reliable bonuses for dps or survival. If building towards a Yomuu's then The Brutalizer is much stronger for the gold spent and therefore gets bought first, then active on Yomuu's is good enough that the Avarice Blade will only exist in the player's inventory for the short amount of time between when it's purchased and when 600 more gold is obtained.

For bringing more utility to the Avarice Blade, I would suggest changing it from crit to 12% lifesteal, and having it build into Executioner's Calling, Bilgewater Cutlass, and Wriggles Lantern. All three already have an active effect like all other GP10 upgrades, and that active effect can be successfully utilized by a support. This change proposal is somewhat more oriented to junglers or top laners, who would be able to really benefit from the lifesteal and the upgrades, while the lack of an strong AD upgrade will help deter AD carries from it (but at the same time give AD carries a GP10 option if they feel they have a tough matchup).