Preseason Itemization Preview

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Astaare

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklightning View Post
Hmm, well I appreciate you looking at my idea. Wanted support, but attention works too.

Why do you feel all other boots would become obsolete? Surely everyone wouldn't pick this up? In fact, I doubt most would. A DPS wouldn't typically get this as you have better selections. Maybe a support might.

Also, it doesn't need to be boots. I want to focus on the active. An ability to decrease mobility from spells and abilities for a period of time in a specific area. If the cooldown was high enough and the cost was high enough, it would inspire one purchase for the team. Probably a tank, or a few specific supports. (At least in high ranked games.)

I feel there aren't sufficient counters to high mobility champions. You have exhaust, but a flash sufficiently separates you from them to the point where it is almost resolved before they reach you.

Brain storm with me Astaare (and others)
Heh, actually I think I misread your original post. When you said
Quote:
it would either disable or remove the effect of flash, ghost, and abilities that allowed someone to move faster than their movement speed
I thought for some reason that you meant their base move speed. I had a mental image of an active that reduced you to base movespeed and prevented you from flashing, lol. I see now that that wasn't what you meant.

As for your actual idea... I like it. J4 players would probably love it (no more flashing out of his ult).

Problems I see with it: Well, the price of this item would probably be fairly high relative to the other stats it provides, since that active is so powerful. The cooldown would have to be pretty high, or the duration very short, since otherwise it would feel like a single item just made the ghost/flash/shurelia's/etc that I've got feel like a complete waste (it'd feel pretty bad if your lane opponent could prevent you from flashing away during every single gank). Basically what you already said. This active probably would need to be on an item other than boots, so you'd have to give up a slot for it (think about it like Quicksilver Sash: powerful active, simple recipe, not a ton of stats).

The23rdPiGGuin

11-08-2012

sad rammus player is sad.

sometimes I feel as though riot hates me specifically.

The23rdPiGGuin

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tisin View Post
How urgot would be affected by this?
he'll get really strong then nerfed really hard.

LikeABossio

Recruiter

11-08-2012

We need ad items with spell vamp

The23rdPiGGuin

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFearHonorX View Post
ok so the black cleaver wont have any attack speed anymore???? what about AD champs that rely on AS like auto attackers, in a way you just. made them weaker by taking out the attack speed bonus

Also, why cant there be 2 black cleavers? One thats the original and the other 'new' one?
the original black cleaver didnt have attack speed. It built out of longsword and bf

and it had more ad.

The23rdPiGGuin

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABossio View Post
We need ad items with spell vamp
lord vandamm's pilager

Cotrid

11-08-2012

I kind of like the idea but why is the blackcleaver being "nerfed" in AD. I mean unless it no longer has a bs sword shouldn't it still have atleast 55 AD?? Plus i really enjoyed the attack speed boost it was just enough to help, now im guessing it would be one of the most expensive of the BS family (if its still a part of it). It sounds nice but i don't know yet have to see.

Fusrodahn

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Well - Yeah. But then you run up into a 3k HP Mundo/Singed with 80~ armor and massive regeneration and you're like 'Wait a second, you didn't build any armor! ABORT. ABORT. I REGRET EVERYTHING.'
haha. I love how Xypherous talks to the community. xD I'd love to be able to play a couple games with him some day. <3

Aflaack

11-08-2012

Quote:
No. Additive % Penetration is kind of a warped concept as it makes stacking exponentially more effective than you ever intend.

Every % point past 50% has over twice the returns that the first % point gives you. Every % point past 66% has over three times the return that the first % gives you.

Additive % Penetration is a great way to simply cause players to stack and invalidate armor. Armor would no longer have a point.

Reductions are on the opponent. They are always applied first.

Penetration is on you. It is always applied second.
Does anybody know that Xerath can get to 68% Penetration with W and void staff?

FuriousLiver

11-08-2012

Quote:
Maybe, if you really need CDR. Twitch does a lot of true damage in lane - so I'm not sure if early Brutalizer helps him all that much. I would assume that Twitch would prefer LW being a thing.
I main Twitch, and I loved rushing a black cleaver for the sake of getting more shots in from my ult thanks to the attack speed boost and knocking off 45 armor from their whole team before hitting my E. While these black cleaver changes sound amazing all around, my Twitch is weeping in the corner. :c