Preseason Itemization Preview

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yasuchika

11-08-2012

If only Lulu's passive dealt Physical damage, this would be glorious on her.

Grigorian Tutor

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xypherous View Post

1. Flat armor penetration and % armor penetration values are generally being lowered, but now flat penetration is calculated after % penetration

for example: Let’s say i have 50% armor penetration and 20 flat armor penetration versus a target with 120 armor.

Currently, on live, i would ignore 20 of his armor via flat penetration (100) and then 50% of the remainder, leaving him with 50 armor.

After this change, i would ignore 50% of his armor (60) and then 20 of the remainder, leaving him with 40 armor.

In this manner, we can make sure that penetration values can be cost-effective for both late game and early game because now you have an option to synergize the two statistics together if you need to pierce large amounts of armor.

2. Brutalizer builds into more than one thing

Quote:
the black cleaver

+45 attack damage
+10% cooldown reduction
+10 armor penetration
passive: Dealing physical damage to an enemy reduces their armor by 5% for 6 seconds. This effect stacks up to 5 times on the same target.

what about last whisper? How does this work with last whisper?

last whisper grants you % armor penetration while black cleaver reduces the opponent’s armor.

let’s look at an enemy with 400 armor. Black cleaver will reduce their armor by 25%, leaving them with 300. Last whisper will allow you to ignore 40% of the remaining 300 armor, which means their effective armor against you will now be 180.

(edit: Many people have pointed out that flat penetration happens here. This is true. Flat penetration would now apply, leaving their effective armor at 170. Sorry guys. Xd)

-xypherous
Understanding that Flat-arm pen and %Arm pen have changed places in order of operations, will %Arm-pen reduction still be calculated before Flat-arm redution? Will MR pen/reduction receive any tweaks?

BC+Corki's Gatlin Gun+LW ([Arm*.75 -40]*.6 -10) 400\146
-or-
BC+Corki's Gatlin Gun+LW ([Arm-40]*.75*.6 -10) 400\152

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowFall View Post
So the % pens are actually being lowered despite the dominance of defences in late game?
I actually wished that the values on void staff and last whisper would go up to 50% and merged into one single item.
I'm not fan of flat penetration as they hardly stack with each other, but would you take % pens into consideration?
Where did it say voidstaff/LW values are being lowered?
?

SnowFall

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grigorian Tutor View Post
Understanding that Flat-arm pen and %Arm pen have changed places in order of operations, will %Arm-pen reduction still be calculated before Flat-arm redution? Will MR pen/reduction receive any tweaks?

BC+Corki's Gatlin Gun+LW ([Arm*.75 -40]*.6 -10) 400\146
-or-
BC+Corki's Gatlin Gun+LW ([Arm-40]*.75*.6 -10) 400\152

Where did it say voidstaff/LW values are being lowered?
?
Quote:
1. Flat Armor Penetration and % Armor Penetration values are generally being lowered, but now Flat Penetration is calculated AFTER % Penetration

IS18a2d93cb3abb4ce8b544

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Besides Black Cleaver being renewed and the whole flat/% scaling being turned around, are there other things that would help AD casters, like other items to the liking of Van Damm's Pillager for SR.

Knowing that the day to talk about AD casters is over, but not knowing what today is going to be about specifically, I would like to know more about these CC options for AP casters through items.

I myself like AP casters very much and was a big fan at the introduction of the Blackfire Torch, and it was something I thought could be added to SR as well, not exactly the same item, but maybe something of the sort.

Grigorian Tutor

11-08-2012

derp. Ok thought there might be somithing specific

That said the new order of operations would help arm pen runes from falling off late with LW. It also bring -Arm in to possibility against soft champs

SquidOnLand

11-08-2012

Am I the only person that reads the last page of comments when I could be playing the game instead? :3

cuzfakyou

11-08-2012

WTF u are doing such a bad job riot i mean its nice that u are putting in new items and so on... but for example that new items passive is just kayles passive so u are making all champions similar to each other... and that sucks. i hope u will not mess this up

xDisruptedx

11-08-2012

elo reset plos

two of four

11-08-2012

And still the cooldown timers on master Yi are broken. Keep fixing things for another few months and keep ignoring me.

Bjornick

11-08-2012

Garren being able to proc on hit effects? This is not only very unbalanced but considerably one of the biggest changes to the meta. First off lets bring into light how red buff on hits effects were removed, then add the fact that garren (after only having hp items can still crit with his E) can remove an entire teams armor percentage to 15%! This will make champions like lee sin (who already reduces attack speed and movement speed) reduce teams armor as well? I agree that the items should be more versatile, but this is not they way to go about it. Pantheon is hard enough to counter in top lane, add the fact that his spears can reduce your armor and you have about 3 champions that could barely handle him in top lane. Either change the champions base stats or you are going to see the same 3 champs in every game.