Preseason Itemization Preview

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SWORD OF ALLAH

11-07-2012

These changes strike me as something incredibly hard to balance, especially for some champs. I wouldn't be surprised to see a long string of tweaks here and there.

Best Mayo NA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Ok, I really appreciative the talk about how the new Black Cleaver works, but would you please at least give us a hint on what some of the new support and jungle items look like, Xypherous? Please?

HeIIRaiser

11-07-2012

Sounds lovely! My only question and concern comes from this statement:

" If your carry needs to do more AoE damage, he has an option for that. If your primary AP caster needs additional CC capabilities, there’s an option for that, too.

We want players to have a degree of specialization in terms of playstyle, and to buy items that complement that playstyle rather than simply giving them the highest raw stats."

Now, however you plan on doing this (new items or re-working current ones), I am concerned that this may (not completely nullify) but "hinder" trying to choose a team of champions to counter the skills and assumed game play of the enemy teams champion selection. I fear this from the idea that when you see a champion now, you have a general idea on how that person is planning on playing out that game, but now you could have a champion you generally see and choose a counter, only to get in the game and have him be played completely different because of the viability he now possesses due to items.

Now, with that said, I understand that this may be what your looking for, and yes there will be items to counter their build. My main concern is trying to counter an enemy champion with these new items, and the only counter is to buy items that are completely out of your realm, and may be next to useless on your champion.

If I am wrong or have misunderstood this statement at all, please correct me. Thank you.

Boo the Hamster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post

1. Flat Armor Penetration and % Armor Penetration values are generally being lowered, but now Flat Penetration is calculated AFTER % Penetration
And what exactly possessed Riot to think this was a good idea? This didn't work the first time, since it made armor useless to even bother purchasing, and you already have champs that not only reduce flat armor, but also percentile armor. Why is this going to work the second time if it didn't work the first time? Why should anyone bother buying armor if more than half of it is going to be wasted anyway? I'd rather spend it on damage and kill things faster than they can..oh wait, you can't, since you need armor that you're getting rid of in order to even have a chance of living as an ADC thanks to this new system. Thanks a lot. Thanks for making an entire role useless.

Commander Amaro

11-07-2012

lol this is awesome now my Garen is super unstoppable ^_^ (like he wasn't op already)

EntropicScholar

11-07-2012

What do you have in store for non-mana AP champions, like Mordekaiser and Vladimir?
They currently have... ahem ... next to no build flexibility.

StrmCkr

11-07-2012

Quote:
Just to check:
Do these new rules also apply to Flat and % MAGIC penetration?
And is Flat/% Reduction taken into account before all Penetration?
yes,

new order so far is still unconfirmed but vaguely hinted at as : * order is unconfirmed

Quote:
% reduction *
flat reduction *
% pen {swapped position}
flat pen {swapped position}
which is based on the current model of

Quote:
% reduction
flat reduction
flat pen
% pen

XyhroAndy

11-07-2012

Even though I'm liking the idea of the new Black Cleaver. Sad that it's losing it's attack speed stat. =(

BananaSniper

11-07-2012

I like the brutalizer into black cleaver, very cool item now

Vexiee

11-07-2012

I just have to say thank you for sitting here and posting 26 Long responses and many even respond to more than one person. Thanks for the dedication and the time.