Difference between Role and its Jungle Version?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sënuch

11-07-2012

For example, Assassins, Fighters, and Tanks can play the Jungler Role.

How different would a Champion be if he or she was being used for Jungling.
Would this change the Mastery you would use?
Would this change the Rune Page you would use?

Or would Mastery and the Rune Page stay the same? That the only difference would be your choice in summoner spell, grabbing Smite?

Thanks

Sënuch

11-07-2012

Bump

InsigmaTheory

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Maybe its the way the question is worded. Or it could just be that I haven't slept in days.

But I really don't understand the question.

lightning87

11-07-2012

Its generally close on the masteries and rune pages slightly altered, usually picking up jungle creep protection masteries and attack speed runes. I could go into all the differences but you should just check out like solomid.net and look at some guidess for jungling

lightning87

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsigmaTheory View Post
Maybe its the way the question is worded. Or it could just be that I haven't slept in days.

But I really don't understand the question.
Took me a while too

BardsmanGob

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuch View Post
For example, Assassins, Fighters, and Tanks can play the Jungler Role.

How different would a Champion be if he or she was being used for Jungling.
Would this change the Mastery you would use?
Would this change the Rune Page you would use?

Or would Mastery and the Rune Page stay the same? That the only difference would be your choice in summoner spell, grabbing Smite?

Thanks
Well they would be different in regards to possible boot options, initial build items, and even build strats. Udyr jungle would want to build more aura's and what not to assist the team. Top lane udyr would also build auras but would need other things to help out in the laning phase as he will be fighting an enemy champ much more than jungle udyr would.

The mastery would be different because you would need the smite mastery and generally the reduce damage from minions and return damage. Also if i am going against a champ top lane i usually go full 21 in defense. If i'm jungling i only go around 15ish because the rest of the stats aren't as beneficial to a jungler as others would be.

Yes the rune page would change. You plan on going diana mid you'd want MR blues with AP runes and what not.

Diana jungle? The attack speed and armor would be more important than MR or early game AP I would feel to be able to come out of your first clear with decent hp.

ZeIse

11-07-2012

More armor is usually ideal, armor penetration would be lowered in favor of AS and AD. You want to clear quickly with high health, so you pick runes accordingly. Usually you run a few points in defensive masteries. You pick AoE clearing abilities primarily, preferrably with low cooldowns. But it varies.

For example; Ezreal has some success in the jungle with merely a Vampiric Scepter. Start with Q and you finish with exceptional health and speed, at the expense of mobility without a boots start.
Garen maxes out his E first for the massive clearing potential.