Queue Option... Atleast for ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nbur

11-07-2012

Iím sure that this idea has been proposed once or twice before, so Iím sorry if it has BUT here we go!

It has been discussed so many times in so many different threads that we all know queuing for ranked can be a nightmare. With people calling lanes, higher elo players ďtakingĒ that lane/role, people refusing to play support, double jungles and a litany of other deplorable and sad queue stories. I have seen people asking the forum what their best option is when they run into these situations and its usually across the board with stuff like you suck uninstall, just play support, deal with it, look them up on LOLKing, you have no doubt read these suggestions.

Games like Everquest, World of Warcraft, Rift, Lord of the Rings Online, you name it they all utilize this idea. These games are obviously quite different to LOL, however the idea that you can queue for a group (or game) with the expectation of fulfilling a specific or multiple roles a player is comfortable playing. So you queue up and one more coulomb is added, Role. Are you going to Heal Support, ADC, APC, Jungle, Tank support, Top, Mid, Bot Ö these potential roles would be decided by the forum or perhaps some well-informed rioters.

I would imagine that queue times for some roles or people who will only play a specific role would have slightly higher queue times than those who would play support or lesser played roles. Once in character select go the route of Rift and assign a little thumbnail that depicts what you got into the game as. Do not allow the enemy team to see this, but allow your team to.

Again Iím sorry if this has been proposed a few times, but I think it would positively affect the community and some of these rage posts about crappy team select would ease. What do you guys think?

Fun Fest

11-07-2012

I think Riot doesn't want to make the current meta the official way to play.

Nbur

11-07-2012

Why are they actually activly attempting to get rid of the support role?