You thought flash rewarded bad play?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Razy6trix

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBombeRx View Post
uhh isn't it just the same as heal except with shield instead of health?
except that it has a lower cooldown.

and heal is a different spell (both can be used, but I doubt someone would be so stupid)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheFailBus

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyhan View Post
While it's true that it can be used offensively, it's still technically a defensive use. You go in knowing you have it up, then use it to counter retaliation thus still a defensive use.

Flash is used to make or setup plays, and when doing this it does not save you from anything it often puts you in more danger.

And while Razy just makes terrible threads in general, he has a point that anyone complaining about flash should be complaining even more about barrier.
No, while barrier is a defensive skill it can be used offensively. Using something defensively is using something to avoid dying- ie/ when getting ganked. Using something offensively is using something to kill someone - ie/ using barrier to be able to hit someone once or twice more while within turret range.

Barrier can be used to make plays, and is probably more effectively used that way. Using barrier when you go in forces them to burn your barrier or die. Using barrier when you're gettting ganked means they have the option to either just wait for it to end then kill you, or cc you through it

Quote:
except that it has a lower cooldown.

and heal is a different spell (both can be used, but I doubt someone would be so stupid)
Except that they have explicitly said they are changing it for summoners rift. Cooldown increase is pretty much guaranteed.

Heal is also getting changed to be more team-oriented (as in a buff to the "heal other" part and a nerf to the "heal myself" part)