RIOT Lied?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thrice The Third

11-07-2012

They told my brother if he could get 2k upvotes in a thread he would be able to give his old skins to me in a trade because he doesn't play the game anymore. It's in an ticket I posted the ticket conversation got 25 upvotes in less than an hour. Feeling confident it would make it to 2k some day. I was pretty excited... and then the thread got deleted... I don't know why you tell him its ok to make a thread and to get 2k upvotes if he can. I make the thread for him and you delete it... RIOT why would you do this...

10 Downvotes and still here but a 25 upvote vanishes hmmm....

Kohou

11-07-2012

If it got deleted, it means his thread was downvoted past the limit. It means people didn't like what they see.

If it's well written and well explained, yes, 2k upvotes will sanction a trade between accounts.

If any post receives so many negative votes, it's removed in general. Just rewrite it for him. It was probably poorly written, and it made people react negatively.

Remember to bookmark the thread as well. Much more likely that it just got lost rather than removed.

Thrice The Third

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only Prophet View Post
If it got deleted, it means his thread was downvoted past the limit. It means people didn't like what they see.

If it's well written and well explained, yes, 2k upvotes will sanction a trade between accounts.

If any post receives so many negative votes, it's removed in general. Just rewrite it for him. It was probably poorly written, and it made people react negatively.

Remember to bookmark the thread as well. Much more likely that it just got lost rather than removed.
It was gaining upvotes it had 25 in 30 minutes. So how is that possible my friend. It is gone though, not lost.

BTY Siggan

11-07-2012

Gaining 25 upvotes in 30 minutes does not remove the possibility of -25 votes in the next 30 minutes. Or even more.

Thrice The Third

11-07-2012

I was watching it. It never went negative.

Kohou

11-07-2012

Riot doesn't go around deleting threads asking for 2k thumbs up. They're too busy targeting anyone like Iaw.

Just remake it and keep tabs on it. I doubt it was deleted. Like I said before, it was either downvoted to hell because of an edit he made, something he said in thread, or just right off the bat. Bookmark it, favorite it, whatever, and watch what's said and how it's said.

By the way, pictures help a ton.

Thrice The Third

11-07-2012

Bookmarked gaining upvotes and disappeared. RIOT didn't want it to happen. I think they regret telling him 2k upvotes would enable him to do that. I put in a ticket and they changed their response to. Content cannot be transfered from one account to another from what they told him. Which was if you get 2k upvotes your wish may be granted.

Obsidion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

My question is why would people downvote it?

Kohou

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidion View Post
Say he says somethings stupidly childish. Maybe he said something dickish. Maybe someone asked him something and he got caught telling a lie, or he didn't fully understand something and posted misinformation/people thought he was a troll.

There are a million reasons why it could have happened, and they're all more likely than, "Zomg Riot conspiracy, everyone halp plox."

Just remake the thread, and live on. 25 upvotes isn't that much anyways. Most of those threads take a couple months to reach their goals. Patience is pretty key.

Thrice The Third

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidion View Post
I am not sure. If the original thread still existed. I would send you a link to it. I have no idea what gos through peoples heads. I made a positive thread and asked that negativity please stay away from it and stated the circumstances of the situation.