[Solo Q Secrets #001] Surrendering Wins Games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritSentient View Post
I'd edit it if Pogo wasn't using one of the worst approaches I've seen to constructive criticism
When you're wrong about something, and I mean factually wrong... not like I disagree with your theory... like, your wrong about a fact, and there's no debating it, no defensible reason for you to be wrong, tell me, what approach would you like me to take besides telling you that you're wrong?

I know what constructive criticism is... it's doing more than telling someone that they're wrong. It's also explaining to them what is correct. It's focusing on fixing the problem more than focusing on what the person is doing wrong.

But you still have to start with what they're doing wrong. In the first post I made, I explained what you were wrong about, how and why you were wrong, and what the correct answer would be. Yet it took numerous pages and weeks before you finally fixed it.

I mean, how do you want me to tell you that you're wrong about A FACT besides "you're wrong."

Moreover, please, go into further detail about how my constructive criticism is bad? The only people whose posts you've liked are people who totally agree with you. You don't WANT constructive criticism. You want people that agree with you.

Show me ONE person in this thread that has disagreed with you, yet you responded positively to their constructive criticism. Just one. Please.

You're ridiculous.

ryzeonline

12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
tell me, what approach would you like me to take besides telling you that you're wrong?
HINT: NOT like you've been doing, but I'm not really interested/encouraged to tell you how I prefer to be addressed

And again... YES, I was wrong about the fact / win percentages.

I just don't CARE, it doesn't affect my post/point, and the entire energy/vibe/attitude I've felt from ya, right from the start has NOT inspired me at all to edit them.

Maybe that kills you inside. Maybe it gives you a reason to keep bumping this post. Whatever makes you happy, man -- though you don't *sound* very happy to me

They shall forever remain Wrong Percentages.

Maybe people will hate my post forever because of them, maybe they wont care

Either way, as always, thaaaaanks for the bump!

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-01-2012

Was going to put more thought in to a post, but I guess the best way to sum it all up is that you don't like to admit you're wrong.

Your idea of constructive criticism is people telling you that you're right--even if you're wrong. That's bonkers.

WeasuhL

12-01-2012

A neat little piece. Has some truth to it.

ryzeonline

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
Was going to put more thought in to a post, but I guess the best way to sum it all up is that you don't like to admit you're wrong.

Your idea of constructive criticism is people telling you that you're right--even if you're wrong. That's bonkers.
I've admitted I'm wrong (and you're right) very clearly and very openly about 4 posts in a row now

Keep rockin', superstar

ryzeonline

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeasuhL View Post
A neat little piece. Has some truth to it.
Glad you got some value from it, WeasuhL!

I wish you many awesome games

Nhan Fiction

01-12-2013

Sound advice.