A small struggle with mid.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deshawn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

I main AP mids. My favorite/best champs are Swain, Akali, Kassadin, Leblanc and Annie. I'm solid on pretty much every other AP mid but I have a small issue.

I usually beat enemy mids around my elo but some games when I'm not able to roam and my lanes lose really hard I fall off in farm. Example: Recently in a Kassadin game I was stomping Malzahar, managing to get ahead of him by about 15 cs in lane. But my Darius gave up about 5 kills to an enemy Jayce. When he took tower and started camping my lane I couldn't CS anymore. Around when the enemy team was taking our inhibs I saw Malzahar had 50+ cs on me.

Any tips for keeping up in farm even as you lose game and your team starts farming jungler and mid lane?

Deshawn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Bump cause I need help with this.

PhoKingHai

11-07-2012

You were stomping Malzahar but unable to roam? After the first 1-2 deaths darius had you should be setting up ganks with your jungler or even yourself to assist top lane or bot if they are falling behind and you are apparently "stomping" the other mid.

Deshawn

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoKingHai View Post
You were stomping Malzahar but unable to roam? After the first 1-2 deaths darius had you should be setting up ganks with your jungler or even yourself to assist top lane or bot if they are falling behind and you are apparently "stomping" the other mid.
In this particular situation I was being camped a lot so my lane was pushed/I was constantly low health. And by "stomping" I meant I was able to zone out harass but because Malzahar is Malzahar he wasn't dying a lot without me getting a gank.

The problem is keeping up in farm after that, we had a decent shot at winning the game because our bot lane was doing okay but I fell behind in gold + Malzahar picked up some easy kills because of facechecking without wards (though i did try to help with warding as much as I could)

Amatzikahni

11-07-2012

In that case, ask your jungler to gank so that you can base and heal+grab items, then don't return mid but return at a side lane for a gank before coming back mid. After it was 1v2 mid, the only thing you can do is hold the tower while either someone comes to assist you or just try and stall (something Kass isn't good at) while your team takes objectives or wins lanes/turrets elsewhere.

I love being Aniv with Blue whenever I get a 1v3 or 1v4 at my lane; I plop down my ult as far into lane as I can get it and sit behind my tower as far back as possible, and they can't get close to the turret while my team steamrolls something else. They usually give up after 2-4 waves and notice my team downing turrets for free, and when they run after my team the chase begins for me to pick off the member in the back.

Ezrabar

11-07-2012

The best option in times like this is coordination with your team and wards. If you ward a side then people can't camp your lane without you knowing it. If you know then just play careful and now their roamer is losing on experience and gold. Another trick to keep up when being zones out hard is check with your Jungler if he's ok with you taking wraiths. Sometimes jungles can't keep up with the spawn if they gank too often (of course you can't horde it).

lll Taeyeon lll

11-07-2012

When you're winning, it doesn't always mean more AP is good. Getting more MR will allow you to farm more and survive more to do more damage, tons of it (dont neglect AP though, e.g. get Abyssal). Try practice taking wraiths and wolves, otherwise you need to improve your playstyle.