Next Champ help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jonheath291

11-06-2012

Hey all I am having a rather tough time picking one of the 3150 champs to add to my collection. Currently I have:

Alistar
Ashe
Evelynn
Fiddlesticks
Garen
Janna
Jayce
Karthus
Kayle
Lulu
Morgana
Nautilus
Nocturne
Singed
Teemo
Tristana
Twisted Fate
Varus
Veigar
Xerath
Zilean
Zyra

The champions I am looking at are Shaco, Shen, Rammus, Mordekaiser and Akali.

If anyone wouldn't mind giving their thoughts based on my owned champions I would greatly appreciate it. At the moment I am kinda leaning towards Shen or Shaco.

iDpark

11-06-2012

Shen can be played top or jungle, kinda works like karth/gp, constantly looking at minimap for ults.
Much easier to play than shaco, who I suck with. I've seen some shacos carry hard, and get everyone else fed.

Rammus is pure jungle, and kinda bleh. Fun for the ghost + powerball + shurelias.
Morde is easy to use, I got bored of him quickly.
I dont like assassins.

This all being said, buy all the champs up to 4800ip. Change the order sure, but buy em all, they're useful because you need to know how certain champions work, and its useful to trade in ranked.

Myrthrei

11-07-2012

Akali ftw man,rlly good burst if thats ur thing

Etherimp

11-07-2012

Shen is usually banned in ranked. If you don't play ranked, definitely pick him up.

Morde is a strong counter-pick mid champion. He is great vs Morgana.

Akali is "meh". If you're good with her you can carry hard, but she has some pretty rough match ups due to her nature.

Rammus is a great tank and a decent jungler, although he's currently a bit outclassed by a few others. I've carried many games as Rammus, but haven't played him much lately.

Shaco is very hit or miss. If you get a lot of good ganks early game you can really lean the game in your favor... But at higher levels, teams will know how to counter you and outright shut you down which will make you pretty useless. He also has a pretty high skill cap, so it takes a while to get good with him.

Jonheath291

11-07-2012

okay thanks everyone I am only level 25 (1 win from 26) so at the moment I do not play Ranked.

I wish ip didn't take forever to get, then deciding wouldn't be such a decision lmao

Jesot

11-07-2012

Akali is super fun and can pub stomp at your level. I've never used Shen. I never got the hang of Rammus.

Shaco ftwin

11-07-2012

Of this list, I'd say Shen is a good choice. Shen can Jungle, top, or support (if you're with an aggressive ADC). He's good to practice with because as said in a previous comment, he has to be watching the Mini Map and players health bars so that helps a TON with every champ you play and map awareness.

He's also a tank, and tanks don't get picked as much as the huge damage dealers, so that can help your team too.

Jonheath291

11-07-2012

Yea I chose Shen for this pick He is fun lol