Why does everyone hate Teemo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KesslerCOIL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

I love him.
I love playing him and i dont hate him when i vs him since i know where all his shrooms will be and how to counter him.
So why does everyone seem to hate the cute little guy? i just dont get it, its like hating Ice Cream or Skittles

EDIT: Changed my mind, had the worst match ever againt Teemo on TT... he backdoored with 4 PDs, Witchcap and Lichbane...

Yhorema

11-06-2012

If ice cream poisoned and crippled my legs, i would hate it too.

Its not that you dont know where will you step on a mushroom, but rather the fact that it cuts you off of moving routes, sometimes either way (stepping on a cupcake or going around it) is the longest one.

KesslerCOIL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yhorema View Post
If ice cream poisoned and crippled my legs, i would hate it too.

Its not that you dont know where will you step on a mushroom, but rather the fact that it cuts you off of moving routes, sometimes either way (stepping on a cupcake or going around it) is the longest one.
Still doesnt explain why people hate him.
If teemo kills me or blocks me off, i just say "/ALL GJ Teemo "
Teemo isnt as easy to play as people think, you have to choose your shroom placement wisely and he is countered HARD by Oracles and Yorick.

BlairJavin

11-06-2012

alright im going to take a step on the map BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM, dear god can't i take 2 steps withou-BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

idk y ppl hate teemo either

Myrmidont

11-06-2012

Teemo is the true destroyer, the reaper of souls

Diablo risen again, and slathering the blood of the innocents on his toast.

Truly he is the great Satan.

KesslerCOIL

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlairJavin View Post
alright im going to take a step on the map BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM, dear god can't i take 2 steps withou-BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

idk y ppl hate teemo either
Omg, someone NEEDS to make a Black Eyed Peas - Boom parody now

BlairJavin

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagNZ View Post
Omg, someone NEEDS to make a Black Eyed Peas - Boom parody now
kind of part of the joke

or do i need the...

Teemo: i see you, im gonna get-get you

Togekiss24

11-06-2012

Teemo's kit is kind of designed to capitalize on mistakes, not to mention that outside of champions that can outrange him or keep a safe distance will still getting farm, Teemo is a really tough champion to lane against if you are melee ranged, capable of almost completely denying most top laners any cs while getting fed himself.
I'm not saying he is remotely overpowered, though. He is completely CC-less outside of his shrooms, doesn't contribute much to teamfights and their are arguably better picks for top lane that do his job better.

Simply put, Teemo is like a common gnat. He is weak in every way but still buzzes in your face, and when you try to swat at it, he just moves out of the way and comes back. In that regard it's a lot more satisfying for players to kill him just in the sense that they ended his annoyance, hence why he is considered to have a global taunt.

Zombiemaster

11-06-2012

I think people hate him because:
1. They don't know how to counter him.
2. Because they don't know how to counter him, Teemo starts destroying them with his annoying lane presence and his shrooms.

These people then proceed to say, "Teemo So F*cking OP and Annoying. Too Much damage on Shrooms. Riot Pls Delete Teemo, He's An Anti-Fun Champion. No One Likes Him" etc.

ZaganJustice

11-06-2012

lol, "no one likes him"
I'm 100% sure that if you play teemo, and get ppl killed cause of your shrooms, you will like it very much

That said, I don't like Teemo for the same reasons I don't like Singed (inherently a troll Champion), but he certainly doesn't need a buff/debuff or to be deleted, he's just a good pick for people who like to have fun and amazingly he can actually be played really well if you are skilled enough.