GP/10 Seals Worth it?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Father of 5 Cubs

11-06-2012

Just a simple question: are GP/10 seals worth it for a support? I've found myself falling in love with the support role, after, y'know, being the only one who would play it due to last pick. Does the gold gain from the seals/quints add up significantly, or is it better to stack things like mana regen, armor, etc.?

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

Quints are worthwhile. For seals I generally prefer armor, since it's an AD lane, but I also have support pages with flat MR and mana regen, just in case. I don't really recommend gold gen seals.

first time Vayne

11-06-2012

With gp5 quints and masteries, you essentially start the game with your gp5 item. Any other gp5 items that you get are bonus. That's quite the advantage.

playerwinner

11-06-2012

I personally think it depends on your play style and your support character if you get seals. If your Sona youve got your heal, a good poke, and ms boost. You shouldnt really need the armor in early lane skirmishes, especially if you poke back off poke back off.

1 seal gives .25 gold per 10 seconds in 20 minutes thats, 30 gold, if you use 5 thats 150 gold 9, 270.
Forgot to factor in that its every 10 seconds, hopefully I didnt confuse anyone.

thepantsparty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

It depends on the support and the lane you're against, but they're worth having.

Arisulane

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by playerwinner View Post
I personally think it depends on your play style and your support character if you get seals. If your Sona youve got your heal, a good poke, and ms boost. You shouldnt really need the armor in early lane skirmishes, especially if you poke back off poke back off.

1 seal gives .25 gold per 10 seconds in 20 minutes thats, 300 gold, if you use 5 thats 1500 gold 9, 2700. That is pretty significant, that buys you an aegis over the support that has an 11.7 armor bonus which isnt that big when your only getting poked, its not like your constantly taking hits like a jungler.
Take a zero off of each value. 30 gold in 20 minutes with one rune. 270 gold in 20 minutes with all 9.

It really depends on whether you think 13.5 gold a minute is worth missing out on 12-13 armor. An extra ward every 5-6 minutes doesn't seem like a bad trade to me.

Sephïroth

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by playerwinner View Post

1 seal gives .25 gold per 10 seconds in 20 minutes thats, 300 gold, if you use 5 thats 1500 gold 9, 2700. That is pretty significant, that buys you an aegis over the support that has an 11.7 armor bonus which isnt that big when your only getting poked, its not like your constantly taking hits like a jungler.
If this were true no one would ever pick any other runes.