How to Counter Kassadin?

1234511 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hitpoints

Member

11-21-2009

I am a man, and I am admitting I need help.

I don't know what it is, and while I would like to think it's my team, I also know that I really have no problem with many champs 1v1 except this one, and I don't know why. After my latest beat down, I decided rather than eating my fist and taking a **** on my keyboard, I'd ask if anyone else has a problem vs Kassadin 1v1 or 2v2...

And wtf is that cooldown on the blink like 6 seconds?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Joru

Senior Member

11-21-2009

Voidwalk starts at six seconds. At three ranks, it's...more like 3-4 seconds. Not to discourage you or anything.

Anyway, in my (admittedly limited) experience, 1v1, there's not a lot you can do against Kassadin. If he wasn't confident that he could kill you, the battle would never have happened to begin with. The best you can do is try to stay near teammates, keep your health up, and try not to put yourself in vulnerable positions so as to deter him from attacking at all. Kassadin LIVES to obliterate champions who hang out in a lane alone with half health, so stop doing that once the enemy Kassadin hits 6. Sight wards in the jungle might help you know when he's coming, but the fact that he can warp across trees means he won't always be taking the most obvious routes.

If you're with teammates when Kassadin attacks, it's not so much about not getting killed (unless you were already wounded, your teammates will often be able to do enough damage to repel him), but rather keeping him from getting away. I'm not sure if there's any champion that can reliably chase down Kassadin once he decides to run. Team composition permitting, the best chance you have at killing him is waiting until he gets down to 30-50% (depending on how aggressive the player is) and then going for a stun or silence to prevent him from teleporting out while you finish him off with one last burst.

So basically, not getting ganked by Kassadin is about prevention rather than outfighting him, and killing him in a team fight is about timing your disables at the latest possible moment before he bolts.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kijik

Senior Member

11-21-2009

1v1 vs kass unless youve got a couple stuns, or you're ashe(FRIGGIN HATE ASHE) youre SoL, the key is convincing your team that if he has a void staff he's more dangerous than any physical carry, thus getting them to drop bombs on him on sight, otherwise a good kass will roll you.

Edit: biggest thing with kass, while casters tend to tickle him kass tends to build mass burst with only Rod of Ages or the like as hp, so physical rips him apart.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hitpoints

Member

11-21-2009

Well it's good to know he's actually a good hero, and even more so when someone plays him right... and it's not just me he seems uber to.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Khrane

The Council

11-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by kijik View Post
1v1 vs kass unless youve got a couple stuns, or you're ashe(FRIGGIN HATE ASHE) youre SoL, the key is convincing your team that if he has a void staff he's more dangerous than any physical carry, thus getting them to drop bombs on him on sight, otherwise a good kass will roll you.

Edit: biggest thing with kass, while casters tend to tickle him kass tends to build mass burst with only Rod of Ages or the like as hp, so physical rips him apart.
Ashe is actually an easy target for a good Kassadin. She's squishy, so his combo will drop her to nothing. Really, the only way to beat a Kassadin is to destroy him early on. He's relatively weak until he gets to around level 8-9 or so, so you have to outman him, gank him, until you're more powerful than him.

I play Kassadin on a regular basis, at least 150 games played with him, and lategame I fear no one (hell, I win 2v1's pretty regularly, and have won many 3v1's and 4v1s). But early on, he can be destroyed quite easily.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sherkas

Junior Member

11-21-2009

I agree with khrane on everything, ive played over 100 kassadin games and end game... kassadin fears no one, even groups of 2-3 people if they are weak enough and the kassadin is good. Ive gone in games and done 30-1-20 easily with my premade and can destroy tanks and ranges and carries like they are creeps. Its all about timing, skill and just playing the character enough to know how to play him right.


Early game he can be destroyed REALLY easy, and yes ashe is a freebie kill to me on kassadin. If i see ashe, its like 300 bucks running around, all I have to do is spam some skills to get it. And if hes in your face... its true... hes most likely already decided your going to lose the fight, thats why hes on your face ripping it apart.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hitpoints

Member

11-21-2009

All this considered then... wouldn't Kassadin be considered OP then? I messed around the past two games I played trying to figure out a way to beat him... ended up doing worse than when I play normal (IE was buying MR based items more) There is not a single char that I has left me shaking my head until now.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kijik

Senior Member

11-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khrane View Post
Ashe is actually an easy target for a good Kassadin. She's squishy, so his combo will drop her to nothing. Really, the only way to beat a Kassadin is to destroy him early on. He's relatively weak until he gets to around level 8-9 or so, so you have to outman him, gank him, until you're more powerful than him.

I play Kassadin on a regular basis, at least 150 games played with him, and lategame I fear no one (hell, I win 2v1's pretty regularly, and have won many 3v1's and 4v1s). But early on, he can be destroyed quite easily.
Meh, I have a bias against ashe since near every time I see one on the enemy team, I get arrowed, every, single, time, and it's really hard to escape after a 5 second arrow stun focus fire if you survive through it.

But other than that ashe is food yes, if I can avoid the arrow I'm set. Oh, and yeah, you're right Khrane, Kass is ridiculously easy to kill early game, but turns into a monster late game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BNLFan

Senior Member

11-21-2009

You can't hes OP atm and he justs blinks around your face


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kijik

Senior Member

11-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitpoints View Post
All this considered then... wouldn't Kassadin be considered OP then? I messed around the past two games I played trying to figure out a way to beat him... ended up doing worse than when I play normal (IE was buying MR based items more) There is not a single char that I has left me shaking my head until now.
Double post, but it's necessary >_>
Kass is top tier, and very powerful yes, but his biggest weakness is ganks early game, pre riftwalk and lvl 5 force pulse, he gets put into the ground very quickly, best way to counter is simply to 3 man gank him every chance you get early, or 2 man if the two are very skilled.
Think of him like the caster version of say, ashe or yi, both of them require heavy itemization, and are food early game, but can be ridiculous late game if not instagibbed.


1234511 ... 12