Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Blitz and Bruiser duo top lane comp counters

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KoRa

11-06-2012

I have been playing a few top lane at lvl10~ games and I'm having a huge trouble trying to counter a rather interesting lane comp. Which is a Blitz/ anyone with CC bruiser (Darius,Riven,Renekton etc.) I'd get pulled, knocked up, stunned, exhausted and pretty much I'm gone for good. I tried countering with many champions like Jax/Lee Sin or anyone with a fleeing ability but with a lane freeze and some zoning by the blitz, my CS count is literally half the top laner, Is there any way I could counter this duo lane comp?

Thanks !

Sereg Anfaug

11-06-2012

Yes. Don't let him grab you. Ward the brush, stay behind minions, or stay out of range. A ranged champion would probably be your best bet here.

M4sterJ0e

11-06-2012

Always stay behind minions. Ward their brush (or yours if they've pushed closer to your tower). The wards come especially handy if one of you at top have some kind of ranged harass, even if it's something like Olaf's Undertow (Q). I play a lot of Blitz, and I can tell you that warding and ranged harass shuts down Blitz hard in the laning phase.

EDIT: Champs like Jayce should have no problem farming against a bruiser and Blitz if you freeze the lane closer to your tower. If you have a ranged (autoattack) and melee champ against a bruiser and Blitz, the ranged one will farm more successfully. This is because you want to avoid Blitz walking up to you in melee range and knocking you up, then moving or flashing away and grabbing you (plus silencing you if he is lv6 or higher.)

first time Vayne

11-06-2012

Yup, stay behind minions and play a champ with either ranged attacks or a decent ranged ability for constant poke, and you should do fine. If they're duo, is it safe to assume that you are too? Put your ad carry in top lane with a tank or support. They'll have no poke to counter your harass.

Basically, turn it so that they basically send this Darius / other melee bruiser bot lane in the current meta. Bruiser + support loses.