Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


[Item Concept] Ward Pouch

1
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wRuBiks

Senior Member

11-06-2012

There's been some idea's on having a seperate item slot just for wards but instead of that, How about we have a support orientated item that has a unique passive/active to hold ward stacks inside the item (Rechargeable Wriggle's Lantern).
This Solves the problem of having no item slots late game to buy wards while giving beneficial stats at the same time.

Ward Pouch -> Builds off Philosophers stone + Heart of Gold + Cloth Armor + 100 Gold (Total 2025 gold)
+20 Armor, 20 Hp/5, 10 Mp/5, 250 HP
Unique Passive: 5 Gold per 10
Unique Passive: 10% CDR
Unique Active: Click on Target location to expend a charge, placing a Sight ward, Purchasing additional sight wards will give additional charges, up to a maximum of 5. 1 charge is generated every 6 minutes.

Thoughts/Ideas.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DoctorH

Senior Member

11-06-2012

Why not just give us an ap version of Wriggles seems more efficient to me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CarbonWyre

Recruiter

11-06-2012

Quote:
wRuBiks:
There's been some idea's on having a seperate item slot just for wards but instead of that, How about we have a support orientated item that has a unique passive/active to hold ward stacks inside the item (Rechargeable Wriggle's Lantern).
This Solves the problem of having no item slots late game to buy wards while giving beneficial stats at the same time.

Ward Pouch -> Builds off Philosophers stone + Heart of Gold + Cloth Armor + 100 Gold (Total 2025 gold)
+20 Armor, 20 Hp/5, 10 Mp/5, 250 HP
Unique Passive: 5 Gold per 10
Unique Passive: 10% CDR
Unique Active: Click on Target location to expend a charge, placing a Sight ward, Purchasing additional sight wards will give additional charges, up to a maximum of 5. 1 charge is generated every 6 minutes.

Thoughts/Ideas.

I posted on the other thread on GD too. Here's what I think it needs:
  • Be made out of 1 GP10 item
  • Generate a ward ever 3-4 minutes not 6
  • A Unique Passive that would make it a support only item (I.E. Unique Passive: Reduces outgoing damage by X amount)
  • Magic Resist instead of Armor


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grigorian Tutor

Senior Member

11-06-2012

Quote:
Unique Active: Click on Target location to expend a charge, placing a Sight ward, Purchasing additional sight wards will give additional charges, up to a maximum of 5. 1 charge is generated every 6 minutes
I like this concept but the item has to build differently there are already two cloth+HoG items and the stats are to close to shurelya`s.

Quote:
CarbonWyre:
I posted on the other thread on GD too. Here's what I think it needs:
  • Be made out of 1 GP10 item
  • Generate a ward ever 3-4 minutes not 6
  • A Unique Passive that would make it a support only item (I.E. Unique Passive: Reduces outgoing damage by X amount)
  • Magic Resist instead of Armor

Dafuq why?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CarbonWyre

Recruiter

11-06-2012

Quote:
Grigorian Tutor:

Dafuq why?


Because that's an amazing item for AP mids or AP junglers, or junglers in general..or bruisers...and that's a problem! We need more support items and something that strong needs a downside to restrict it from being used by everyone.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YerroFever

Senior Member

11-06-2012

If you make it add several wards every few minutes, then it further enhances the 0 CS support meta which Riot has stated they dislike.

I like the idea of having an item that holds wards... but just not this exact execution of it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CarbonWyre

Recruiter

11-06-2012

Quote:
YerroFever:
If you make it add several wards every few minutes, then it further enhances the 0 CS support meta which Riot has stated they dislike.

I like the idea of having an item that holds wards... but just not this exact execution of it.


Morello said they LOVE 0 CS support :P


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Goldilux

Member

11-06-2012

Then why did Morello say he didn't like the idea that there were supports that could build only GP items and buy consumables and still be good supports?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CarbonWyre

Recruiter

11-06-2012

Quote:
Goldilux:
Then why did Morello say he didn't like the idea that there were supports that could build only GP items and buy consumables and still be good supports?


Sounds like he was getting at they don't have lane presence :P


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1dd0cba794c57948b76b3

Member

11-12-2012

If "supports that only buy GP5 items and consumables being good supports" is a BAD thing in Morello's eyes, that means they have lots of lane presence and make huge contributions despite having no gear and no AP.

Sounds like that isn't in your favor CarbonWyre


1