Free to play champions not showing up

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ProbableLoss

11-06-2012

The past 2 games (possibly more, I don't look closely) haven't shown up in my set options. I have around 25 champs, and the only free one's that show up in BLIND PICK are the F2P that I own. What's going on? Is that normal, when you reach a certain number of champs do you no longer get free to plays?

I've noticed this once before, but I didn't give it any thought, they said they were resolving another issue so I figured that was the issue. It's still there. Anyone else get this?

ProbableLoss

11-06-2012

Summoner name is "ProbableLoss" exactly as my forum name,

jacobrandle

11-06-2012

im having the same problem

Miandrital

11-07-2012

Having same issue here, only the f2p champs that i already own are appearing during ranked champion select, haven't tried other modes yet.

MartyMcPunchman

QA Analyst

11-08-2012
1 of 2 Riot Posts

ProbableLoss, thanks for the report. I have a couple questions...

I know you mentioned Blind Pick, but were these queue'd games, or Custom Games? If it was a Custom Game, were you the host? Also, let me know if you're seeing this consistently or inconsistently, now that you're aware of the issue.

Miandrital, that is the expected behavior. F2P champs are not available in Ranked matches. This was to discourage the scenario where someone only owns 6 champs they are actually comfortable with, those 6 get banned, and now that person is stuck playing LeBlanc for the first time in Ranked with no idea how she works.

theshim

11-08-2012

I have had this problem as well, when playing a Blind Pick Normal (not Custom) game with some friends. This occurred both in PvP as well as Co-op vs. AI.

I've been playing mostly Ranked games recently, so I cannot say for certain whether this is consistent.

TempestKin

11-08-2012

I've had this problem a couple times too actually, and it was in just normal blind pick queue. I wanted to try out lulu and it wouldn't let me.

Icosahedron

QA Analyst

Follow Icosahedron on Twitter

11-08-2012
2 of 2 Riot Posts

theshim, when you were playing with friends, did it occur to the person who made the Party Queue? We've run some tests internally, and so far the consistent thing has been it's the Host of the Custom game. We've only seen it once on a Queue'd game, and it happened to the person who made the group.

(Don't be alarmed, I'm still Marty McPunchman)

theshim

11-08-2012

None of my friends seemed to be having the same issue and I was not the host of the game.

I'll grab a couple and play a few games tonight (if I get a chance) to test this out.

GardashaƑ

11-08-2012

I'm having the same problem but I haven't been being the host leader so im not sure why