@Riot, please remove Smite from the game and account for that when rebalancing Jungle

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Apollo Starling

11-06-2012

It would free up so many options for gameplay. Junglers taking combinations of Flash, Exhaust, Ignite, Teleport, even Clairvoyance to keep track of the enemy jungler when they're counterjungling

They can't do any of that stuff now cause they need Smite, and if the jungle really is getting harsher in season 3, they'll need it even more

Forcing every game to have a jungler with smite is much more stale and boring than these other options

It'll also make clutch objective steals more common, which are exciting and rewarding

Also fakeouts at the character loading screen cause you don't necessarily know who'll be jungling and who'll be top lane, for instance

Riot pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by NameNotAccepted View Post
Same could be said for flash. But everyone takes it, because it's useful and everyone loves it. Smite is the same for junglers.
I've seen Xypherous talk about how Flash is a subject of debate at Riot and they decide to keep it around because it adds more choice than it takes away

Everyone needs to pick Flash at champ select, but in return you get the myriad of choices and ways it can be used during game, all these clutch flash plays that can make games so exciting and rewarding

I don't feel the same can be said of Smite though. Sure the occasional clutch Smite steal is great, but the existence of Smite makes it so only other people with Smite can do that. Remove smite and suddenly, everyone can.

And there's really nothing else exciting you can do with Smite. It's just all around limiting. Not like Flash at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarner Need Hug View Post
Yes, remove Smite so now EVERYONE can take flash and exhaust or flash and ignite... you know, make the game... diverse!
Well, yes, frankly

A game with everyone having Flash/Exhaust and Flash/Ignite actually is more diverse than one smite on each team

The fact that it's a different summoner spell doesn't mean it's more diverse. Flash Exhaust and Ignite can be used offensively or defensively (yes even Ignite) and involve a lot of decision making, and can lead to exciting plays, such as performing a difficult flash over a wall to cut off someone or escape, or to dodge a blitz hook, or exhausting someone trying to tower dive you to return a kill (or two), or exhausting an ulting kennen or fiddles that suddenly pops in and single handedly turning a teamfight with that one clutch reaction

You can't have anything like those situations with Smite. It's always used the same way, at the same times, on the same things. The only interesting thing you can ever do with Smite is steal objectives, which is not actually enabled by smite, but hindered with it, as its removal would make steals available to everyone rather than just the jungler.

Quote:
Cho'gath
Wouldn't be any different. Cho'gath with Feast can already steal objectives from you if you let him get in melee range of them, and if he has Smite he's pretty much guaranteed to steal Baron or Dragon and there ain't a damn thing you can to do stop him. After Smite is removed, it'll be the exact same situation. Obviously that's an intentional feature of Cho'gath, cause I can't think of any other reason he needs to do 1000 truedamage to minions.

Quote:
BUT CHO'GATH
Goddamn people won't let this go

Look, right now, if a Cho'Gath with Smite runs up to Baron while you're doing it, he will steal it, you cannot stop him. Is this game breaking? Does every team run a Smite Cho'Gath because it has such massive Baron stealing potential? This is a feature of Cho'Gath, he's supposed to bring objective stealing presence to the game, that's why he does 1000 truedamage to minions. If you think that's bad, you have an issue with his kit, and this has nothing to do with smite or the lack thereof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmail thread
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=31136020
This is a thread containing a horrible revelation about the movie Wreck-It Ralph, which will destroy your chances of ever enjoying the movie again

I'm leaving this link here until I get a Red response, because I want a Rioter's perspective on Smite

NameNotAccepted

11-06-2012

Same could be said for flash. But everyone takes it, because it's useful and everyone loves it. Smite is the same for junglers.

Soiyeruda

11-06-2012

Champions like Lee Sin or Cho'gath would probably be must-picks to get easy Baron steals.

Quote:
Same could be said for flash. But everyone takes it, because it's necessary on almost every champion. Smite is the same for junglers.
ftfy

Bossa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soiyeruda View Post
Champions like Lee Sin or Cho'gath would probably be must-picks to get easy Baron steals.
Nunu as well.

Dreamcleaver

11-06-2012

Wow, OP actually makes a LOT of sense.

Mairead Watkins

11-06-2012

No.. Dragon and Baron.

People would still take smite for just those.

I'd rather not get exhausted by the enemy mao after being cc'd for 2.5 seconds, then ignited by enemy laner, then after I get away with some pro ****, Mao flashes after me cause he has that too.

F that.

mtrx003

11-06-2012

Make Smite an item active.

Make Flash an item active.

Problem?

Apollo Starling

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrx003 View Post
Make Smite an item active.

Make Flash an item active.

Problem?
Rush 5 smite items

go to baron at 15 minutes

profit

sharkhunt3r

11-06-2012

you have to keep smite in the game because if you dont have smite, then teams would never baron or dragon because anychampion from any team has = chance of stealing dragon with a long ranged skill, like an ez ult or a cait q over the wall could steal baron and change the entire game from winning to losing, having smite means that you can kill baron before it gets low enouigh for someone else to steal it, other then there julnger who has to get in smite range just to steal it which means that he has to risk his life to get the steal, unlike an ez ult from half way across the map.

THE LOVE TONIGHT

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo Starling View Post
if the jungle really is getting harsher in season 3,
buddy you must not have been around during season 1.

12345 ... 7