Trinity Force + Frozen Mallet

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aeruu

11-06-2012

So I've been searching around and I couldn't seem to find a good, general consensus, but I was curious to know if the Frozen Mallet and Trinity Force stack by additive percentage or not at all? Or does the auto attack automatically use the best slow (Frozen Mallet at 40% for 2.5 seconds.)

Cause I was wondering, if both slows stack through additive percentage:

Frozen Mallet 40% slow for every (100% chance) autoattack adds onto the Trinity Force (30% slow at 25% chance.)

Therefore,

40+(30*0.25) = 48.75% slow at a 25% chance? Or does this only apply to multiple chance items, such as buying four phages (though who in their right mind would do that).

My math could be flawed, but it would be appriecated if someone could clear this up!

Thanks,

Pyro Sushi.

Soraka Goes Mid

11-06-2012

I believe it does stack, since it doesn't specifically say otherwise. Although four phages would not stack with themselves. (When an item's description says "Unique", that means that buying more than one of the same item will not stack that effect. Buying different items with the same effect however, such as multiple CDR items, will stack.)

Mambazo

11-06-2012

They do stack- however their "chances" to slow will not influence each other, you will always apply the FM slow, and sometimes also apply the TF slow.

That said- Don't get both.

LokiMogor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

If I recall correctly the top item slow, and the top ability slow are applied and will stack with each other but multiple item slows do not stack

Natural Poise

11-06-2012

Well, according to the wiki (http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Movement_speed), passively-applied slows from items will not stack, but if one item has an actively-applied slow then they can. eg frozen mallet would stack with randuins active, but not with it's passive if I understand it correctly. And when they stack, each slow beyond the first is at a reduced effectiveness.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

As stated this is kind of irrelevant. You would never get both items. If you get triforce instead of mallet this means that you are ok skipping the better snare for more offense. If you needed health after triforce, a warmog would be way more efficient (along with several other items).
If you get mallet, this means you really want the snare so you can stick onto the enemy. You wouldn't go back and get a triforce after the mallet in any case... you'd get more tanky items surely, or items more focused on AD or whatever the case may be. In other words if you skipped triforce in favor of mallet in the first place, you wouldn't have reason enough to get triforce after a mallet.

IGotCareless2

11-07-2012

I believe the formula for slows is
X=greatest slow
Y=Any number of other slows
X+(.35*Y)= Total slow
Basically, biggest slow is applied, then all other slows are multiplied by .35 and added on.
So FroMal brings them to 60%, then TF brings them to 49.95%. I'm doing this from memory, so I might be missing some key element.