@ Many Latino players. Learn to communicate with the >>WHOLE<< team!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pr0jectseph

11-06-2012

There are 5 people in a team.

Not all speak Portuguese.

But I'm quite sure you all understand English.

Do what is best for everyone to win the team game, and communicate in a common language.
(Pinging isn't enough)

Getting well and truly over this.

/gripe over

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-06-2012

So when 3 or 4 of your teammates are speaking Spanish, you speak Spanish too, right?

11-06-2012

I think you have a superiority complex of English and Amurica. Get over the fact that no matter how much you think America rules league, 2 Asian teams were in the finals, and European teams were all better than NA teams. If you play on Brazil server because your family moves hypothetically, you would still use english but people would rage at you? think again before you disrespect another culture

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

Yeah, had some BR trolls in a game I played today. Luckily we won, but it's always really annoying when that happens... just... go play on BR, please.

M4sterJ0e

11-06-2012

Well, there are ways around the language barrier, like pinging and using common terminology like "mia", "ss", etc. Just playing well in lane and sticking together mid and late game helps as well. This is much more manageable in ranked, as even the "BR" players (as you refer to them) have their elo at stake. In normal games, it's much harder to cope with the language barrier, I'm sure, but at the same time, you have nothing to lose in a normal game.

In my personal experience, Riot rarely paired me with premade/abundant BR's in one team. In most unfavorable cases, you'll have that one Spanish-speaking individual who only plays Annie mid, but that's no excuse for the other 4 players to not try to adapt and synergize with that.

adc

11-06-2012

I've played 2.5k games. In those games, I've gotten maybe one person who doesn't speak English. And he carried. Get over it.

Niiko The Goat

11-06-2012

"I'm quite sure you all understand English" Do you live in any of these countries to claim such a thing???, I do, and can tell you that there's many, MANY, people that have no idea about English, there are others that can guess what's written but can't speak it (or write it, in this case) at all. It's like any other subject in school, some have an easier time learning it, some can't learn it at all and we're not really forced to learn English because it won't hurt our regular lives if we don't do it. Also, most chances are those kind of players won't be reading this any time soon anyway.

One more thing, you talk about latinos and only mention Portuguese as their language. Only one country of what's known as "Latin America" speaks Portuguese, all the rest of us speak Spanish.