Barrier destroys gameplay, here's why.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Marox

11-06-2012

embrace the change

Injusto

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

Well I love to use heal on my Cait for baiting purposes. I use it to save my behind only 10% of the time, the rest is to bait that enemy tank into committing: Sorry dear did I forget to tell you I have heal???

I suppose that the new barrier (since I assume from Morello's post that they will tweak it) will be meant to be used for the same reason mostly.

DualAxes

11-06-2012

If i cant play assassins in League of legends because barrier may come out op then ill quit.

ABRADOLF LINCL3R

11-06-2012

I can't believe they are adding barrier into the other maps...that **** is so op and annoying.

Tozaki Hashizawa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Good post!

1) No, but don't look at the current values - we've changed them specifically for SR. Additionally, Ignite being used means heal can't be - it simply counters it. Hard counters at champ select are largely undesirable.

2) Assassins are also getting a ton of help in the new items for Season 3. Remember that current "what works" isn't necessarily valid for S3.

3) By turning Heal into more a "save your friends" skill, Barrier is the selfish version of it - filling the role heal used to fill. It's meant to deal with spikes and save your life in some situations.
Thank god. Personally my preferred champion type is the Assassin class. At first I thought the DFG Nerf this time around was a bit much but, I see why it was implemented.My questions are these though.

Since barrier is a greedy shield button:

1)What are you planning to do champions who have a shielding ability that they can either place on themselves or on another player?

2)What are your plans to make it so this isn't a huge problem?

3) Do you plan to fix the ratios on those abilities as well?

Honestly, adding Barrier into SR means shield team compositions is going to be a huge thing now.

The Harlequin

11-06-2012

OMG NO

NOOOOOOOO NONONO

ARE YOU SERIOUS MORELLO?

....You introduced Barrier to SR when it should actually be removed from the game entirely? Why? What was the reasoning behind that? What the hell kind of decisions are you guys taking lately? Absolutely demolishing TT with a remake, scrapping the old map rather than actually fixing the very minor things that needed fixing.

I dread any upcoming changes for s3 now...

Craixis

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRkid View Post
Not every mechanic in the game has a direct counter. True damage has no real counter in this game its just something you have to learn to deal with.
True damage however, is limited in most cases.
Darius's being the prime example, he needs max Bleed Stacks in order to get the most out of the ulti.
Vayne needs 3 shots on the same target to proc her true damage.
Zyra's and Kog'maw's require them to die.
Irelia's is a small boost to her auto attack (which is timed).
Corki gets 10% of his damage as true damage per AA (which is rare when it's more then 80, and that's with a crit mind you).
Cho's feast also has a second utility to it, encouraging it's use on minions rather than enemies.
And Nunu's only hits creeps.

Out of 100 champions, these are the only real true damage in the game, all of which have prerequisites in order to effectively use (outside of Cho’s ultimate, where half of its effectiveness requires you to eat minions).

Edit: Fixed with Quote

FDru

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paprikachu View Post
Unlike Barrier, Flash can be used offensively. Things like Flash + auto attack or Flash + some spell, be it a summoner or champion spell.
So you're saying it's not as good as Flash. And that's why it's super OP?

Nah your whole argument is stupid, pretty much applies to half of the summoner spells (flash, ghost, exhaust, cleanse, heal) and the only thing OP about Barrier is its ridiculously short cooldown.

IrrationalNoob

11-06-2012

barrier being move to SR in current state would make a lot of the ad carries with no escapes more viable compared to the ones without. (This is because cleanse plus mobility is strong, barrier without mobility and getting the perks of that ad will be better, in some cases).

I am curious to know how much it is changed.

Ahri Main

11-06-2012

ap janna shields blitzcrank with barrier