Barrier destroys gameplay, here's why.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Voidgolem

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikarii View Post
Heal can be countered by Ignite, Grievous Wounds, etc etc etc.

Barrier can't.
Heal is also a permanent return on health. Barrier is temporary health.

Unless you're doing something stupid like diving people the barrier isn't going to do much.

'course, it does open up avenues for aforementioned diving of people without barrier, depending on how the SR-version's numbers look.

Delicious Smores

11-07-2012

Only thing I care about in op is saying you can't flash/ignite someone. So? Time their barrier cooldowns, don't be baited by barrier (much like heal bait), take joy in the fact that they are pushed out of lane. Shrug.

A cat is fine

11-07-2012

keep in mind barrier only blocks 2 of the ignite ticks, so heal will stop ignite harder even taking into account the heal reduction

Grimwohl

11-07-2012

Barrier cant be used for anything beyond defense and possible tower dive/bait, (which heal does right now, mind you) unlike flash which can be used for everything. Ignite does everything you'd want it to do. Heal affects nearby allies and pets, boosting everyone. Exhaust basically neuters burst characters, and is good for offense and defense.

All the popular summoner spells are better than barrier. Shush you.

ADC SENPAl

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Correct, numbers are being changed for SR. You could say the same thing about Heal, and it doesn't destroy the game.
Making the cooldown longer for Ignite and having barrier makes ignite less viable, hope this doesn't ruin the game and make it boring early on.

ArtoriasOfAbyss

11-07-2012

good thing u can PICK barrier TOO

Thunderclese22

11-07-2012

yeah i agree. Barrier in SR sounds awful...

Grimwohl

11-07-2012

Guys, lets argue with the mods about changes before we get to test them, or they even happen.
Considering how well you little kids take change, the only thing they should ever release are skins. Hopefully the animations stay the same!

Megashield

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

I'm looking forward to more "viable" fun summoner spells . Should be interesting breathe of fresh air.

LeviathanElite

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paprikachu View Post
Hello GD.

I'm pretty sure everyone reading this has at least tried ARAM once. Almost everyone takes either Barrier, Heal, or both. This destroys gameplay, and here's why:

1) Barrier is almost always used defensively. You only use this spell, when it's already too late. It has no other use than saving your ass.
2) It punishes aggressive play. Imagine someone trying to kill you with a flash+ignite or some spell. You use Barrier to escape. That guy has two spells on cooldown and no escape for a long time, for nothing. This is made worse by the fact that its cooldown is much lower than flash's.
3) It rewards bad play. Wrong positioning? Just use Barrier to get out for free.
4) It is crazy OP. It's basically +25% HP for free.
5) Unlike Heal, there is no counter to it.
6) Its strengh is even more multiplied with the amount of armor and magic resist a player has.

Flash does not suffer from any of these problems. It does not give you stats, it can be used offensively and it only buys you a small amount of time, you can still be outrun by champs with higher movement speed.

tl;dr: Remove Barrier, or nerf it at least. It makes the game boring and extremely frustrating.

Edit: Clarified my arguments a bit.

I agree Barrier should not be allowed on SR. It makes ignite almost useless and AP carries rely on ignite a lot more than other champs.