Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Barrier destroys gameplay, here's why.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lethminite

11-06-2012

Quote:
Morello:
No, I prefer soft counters. Hard counters remove options with a choice; soft counters add additional decision points to a choice.

If it lasts for a very short time, and takes awesome timing to save yourself...seems like a pretty good skill to me

It's hard with missing information to craft a complete picture. I'll assure you of this: we're not putting the shield that "just gives you health" with no gameplay on SR. There's more here to look at than "I don't like Barrier on ARAM, therefore it has to suck on SR". And since this is super-loose, if it does cause issues it's easy to remove.

one thing that worries me about this, is as an australian player, we already miss out on all the "flash as you see the missile being fired to dodge it" style gameplay, and if you make it too short, it might be another unuseable trick for people who dont live in the US, but have no servers of their own.

i dont know how short you are talking, but if it's going to be like 1 second, where it's only usefull as a split second reactionary move, having an extra 200-300 ms would make it completely unviable.

Sheever

11-06-2012

My god, why would you do this. Every adc with escape will take barrier, their support will take heal. Gl killing that lane. Passive farmers will take barrier, hell, why not ? Jungle gank ? barrier, Ap nuke? Barrier. Tower dive? Np. Now, burst mages and assasins wont, also junglers wont. So, this game is turning into a passive farmfest. Great.

IonCannonKarthus

11-06-2012

I plan on using it to make Tryndamere stand up against the power of ignite!

doombotMECHA

11-06-2012

the only offensive use of barrier is for towerdives, in case your ult may not be enough
also this is really a darius nerf

Jappleack

11-06-2012

Quote:
Sheever:
My god, why would you do this. Every adc with escape will take barrier, their support will take heal. Gl killing that lane. Passive farmers will take barrier, hell, why not ? Jungle gank ? barrier, Ap nuke? Barrier. Tower dive? Np. Now, burst mages and assasins wont, also junglers wont. So, this game is turning into a passive farmfest. Great.

I am all for stopping the 3 minute tower dives for a double kill at bot. This **** is getting ridiculous.

Edit: Just realized from the post above me that Barrier can be used to make those dives easier.

Welp. GG.

Enyalus

11-06-2012

I dunno. Remember the beginning of S2, when Riot buffed Heal? Then everyone did Heal baits, resulting in silly turret dives which eventually led to no one being aggressive in lane, which lead to Riot not liking and nerfing it?

Yeah. That's definitely going to happen if they allow Barrier into SR.

DoctorVishnevski

11-06-2012

Barrier should be a better save yourself than heal, seeing as how heal can be used to save a teammate. That only makes sense.

shamurai7

11-06-2012

simply put barrier is FAR less annoying than flash......

barrier will not save a total screw up like flash will.
flash will let you escape 5 enemies....barrier won't save you.

im totally for replacing flash with barrier.

Sënuch

11-06-2012

I say we keep Barrier, I want to test out its possibilities

Olek Skilgannon

11-06-2012

Quote:
McDracos:
True damage is countered by increasing your max health, heals, and shields. It's simply isn't countered by MR/Armor/DR.

Also, dodge, but everyone cried about it and had that removed.

Dodge was the best counter to crits and true damage from autoattacks.