Barrier destroys gameplay, here's why.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dragull2

11-06-2012

I would like a version of barrier that instead of giving shield, it gave CC immunity.
Melee carries viable ftw!

Defile8080

11-06-2012

Pantheon with full armor runes running barrier/exhaust.

GUARANTEED First blood under turret lmao.

MANTHEON!!!!!!

Shadow Master

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paprikachu View Post
Wrong positioning? Just use Flash to get out for free.
Fixed.

Fallenour

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Good post!

1) No, but don't look at the current values - we've changed them specifically for SR. Additionally, Ignite being used means heal can't be - it simply counters it. Hard counters at champ select are largely undesirable.

2) Assassins are also getting a ton of help in the new items for Season 3. Remember that current "what works" isn't necessarily valid for S3.

3) By turning Heal into more a "save your friends" skill, Barrier is the selfish version of it - filling the role heal used to fill. It's meant to deal with spikes and save your life in some situations.
yea, cause that heal cant be countered by anything...O wait.

you messed up, its ok. we forgive you, Just fix it.

Assasins were screwed once you made an item that cost 140 gold and gives them away for 5 minutes. one kill on them gives you two of them, so thats a 10 minute shut out. Oracles is a perma shut down, and its only 400 gold.

Then you made stealth breakable, or a "at distance" application, for mobility base only.

You wrecked what an Assassin is. This isnt assassin's creed, you shouldnt treat it like it either.

in regards to comment 3, are you serious? So your gonna use that heal during a "spike" that will almost ALWAYS entail an ignite. You might mean AFTER the spike, but thats only if it doesnt KILL YOU, which is generally what the damage spikes do.

Heal is only effective prior to combat init, or after a combat clean up, other than that, your looking at a 60%~ avg effective application due to grevious wounds/ignite/etc.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallenour View Post
Assasins were screwed once you made an item that cost 140 gold and gives them away for 5 minutes. one kill on them gives you two of them, so thats a 10 minute shut out. Oracles is a perma shut down, and its only 400 gold.

Then you made stealth breakable, or a "at distance" application, for mobility base only.

You wrecked what an Assassin is. This isnt assassin's creed, you shouldnt treat it like it either.
Why are you equating Assassins and Stealth?

Stealth champions tend to be assassins, but there are plenty of assassins that don't use it- and even of the ones that do, its only a major shut-out to Eve and Twitch.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragull2 View Post
I would like a version of barrier that instead of giving shield, it gave CC immunity.
Melee carries viable ftw!
It wouldn't work- burst mages would become useless.

Fallenour

11-06-2012

Quote:
No, I prefer soft counters. Hard counters remove options with a choice; soft counters add additional decision points to a choice.

If it lasts for a very short time, and takes awesome timing to save yourself...seems like a pretty good skill to me

It's hard with missing information to craft a complete picture. I'll assure you of this: we're not putting the shield that "just gives you health" with no gameplay on SR. There's more here to look at than "I don't like Barrier on ARAM, therefore it has to suck on SR". And since this is super-loose, if it does cause issues it's easy to remove.
You guys should stop worrying so much about single champions, and look at policy. Band aids are great, but you got yourself a severed artery.

You fix the problem with bringing in champions from testing servers broken, and stabilize them pre release, you wont have to "fix" stuff all the time, and can focus more on game expansion and less on break fix.

this would mean by using your testing servers properly, and actually doing analytical studies on EACH released champion, you can study their DIRECT impact, and thus make modifications accordingly.

Instead, you have a system to where you toss them to the wolves, and you watch numbers, and if too many people win with it, you nerf it, if too few win with it, you buff it, which then it comes out OP and becomes the Lawn Mower of the Gods, as with releases like Twitch and Ezreal (I was here on both, I know, I remember the fear of seeing a twitch in loading screen)

All we want is for you guys to fix the kinks so we can have more content. Its been so long since you gave us something, and we wanted more than you gave us with the time weve given you to get us something.

Im not here to bash you, trust me, I could probably hurt your feelings if I went on long enough, I just want to see the game improve so more people will play again. A large part of the guys I played with back when I first started playing dont play anymore, all because of no new content. They went on to play other games instead, and if we dont see more fixes, less broken, and more content, others will follow.

I dont want to see riot turn into the next zynga.

Eruka Frog

11-06-2012

Quote:
numbers are being changed for SR.
dude you're ruining your game. proving grounds is 5 people at the tower with all kinds of stuns etc, you can have barrier in that game

in SR you're going to enable level 1 tower dives

this is the WORST POSSIBLE thing you could add to summoner's rift

bro do you even playtest?

FizzInYourEye

11-06-2012

Please give information on proving ground match making... I think it's a legitimate gameplay mode and losing IP for playing too much of it is not fair. There doesn't necessarily need to be ranked but just a normal mode that you can get IP from and have people punished for dodging rather than the current "dodge till you get the champion you want"

Fallenour

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galgus View Post
Why are you equating Assassins and Stealth?

Stealth champions tend to be assassins, but there are plenty of assassins that don't use it- and even of the ones that do, its only a major shut-out to Eve and Twitch.

if that wasnt the case, ezreal would be an assassin, so would graves, they have mobi abilities just like EVERY other champ in the game, they have relatively low health, high damage, and are very mobile.

You were saying?

They might call champions "assassins" but assassins more are NOT.

Kassadin is an assassin.

How is he any different than ez? high burst ult, has the jump, decent ranged q, only diff is he has a silence, ez HAD a speed debuff.