Arm/Mag Pen Hybrid Runes?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CMDR Tub Tub

11-06-2012

I am looking for an opinion on these hybrid runes. Is it worth it to buy them. I like to play the occasional Kayle and Teemo. I also thought about using them for Darius. My questions are: Are they worth the purchase? And do i have the right idea about who to use them on?

Kaoelith

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

i bought them and they were nice for teemo and kayle but i found your normal runes work just as well

their abilities do mixed but the magic part is tiny compared to physical
generally i use attack speed reds and ad quints

kayles e does 60 magic damage plus +.4ap, a normal kayle build has less than 100 ap, lets say kayles e does 100 damage a hit, a normal enemy has around 50% magic reduction, hybrid runes would make you do like an extra 10 damage at most for a total of 60ish

teemo has a slightly better case for these runes but in general i think more attack speed would be better than a few more damage since you wont have a lot of ap

why would you ever use them on darius? flat ad runes would always out do mpen for his passive

Directw

11-06-2012

Those runes are only useful for certain champions like teemo, akali, and jax. These three are the one I can think of right now.

CMDR Tub Tub

11-07-2012

looking at the info i given i prob wont worry about getting them.

if you take the magic pen from masteries on darius it helps you get alot more kills early game. ive seen a million times his passive do 0 damage a tick. its primarily for those early kills.