Creative Design AMA - Zed, the Master of Shadows

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nilous7

11-06-2012

Since Shen had to watch his FATHER be tortured by the ninja organization... how was he the leader's son?

And how does Shen's abilities, Kennan's abilities, and Akali's abilities align with their stances as agents of balance (specifically, judge, executioner, defender of balance)? Zed's abilities are very shadow ninja like, his look is dark, and his lore fits. The other three ninjas don't have a kit that fits their lore.

Flayne

11-06-2012

1 - Does Zen have ANY regret, no matter how small of his past actions? He seemed to be in agony after killing his master and also seemed very frustrated with how events turned out. (especially through that mysterious cry of pain in the room)
Also hinted with his in-game quote: What I have done... cannot be undone.

2 - What inspired you to give him the name "Zed"?
Perhaps already obvious, but was it by chance lore related with regards of how Zed became the end of the Old ninja order just as how Z is the last letter of the alphabet?

3 - Also, out of curiosity, if the "forbidden box" was not to be opened, one would assume it to be heavily guarded by others pertaining to the ninja order. How is it that Zed, a ninja in learning was able to simply "venture" into the forbidden area?

4 - What reasons does Zed have for joining the League?

KingKadery

Recruiter

11-06-2012

When will zed be released

ViashinoWizard

11-06-2012

Which came first, Zed's concept (Shadow Ninja) or his mechanics (creating a clone that mimics spellcasts)?

Kamku

11-06-2012

Does zed hate shen/akali/kennen? or does he just feel that they are to caught up in "The balance"

Do you think zed would hate fighting agaisnt leona/lux because of all the light.

Would zed regret how he and shen's father turned out?

is there a reason why he'd join the league at the moment or is he following shen?

Hunter Zolomon

11-06-2012

What does Vayne think of him (and vice versa)?

Is there any connection between his shadow magic and Varus' "benefactor"?

How wanted a man is he in terms of a bounty or something like it?

Has he had any run-ins with Kennen or Akali?

What do he and Lee Sin think of one another?

Ask Sivir

11-06-2012

Is there a purpose on this new trend of NOT saying why the champion felt that it was necesary to join the League? This has been missing from a lot of bios recently, and it's quite confusing, since I really find it hard to see why people like Syndra (doesn't like to be restrained), Elise (the evil leader of a cult joining a public organization) etc would want to join the League.

Hunter Zolomon

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Sivir View Post
Is there a purpose on this new trend of NOT saying why the champion felt that it was necesary to join the League? This has been missing from a lot of bios recently, and it's quite confusing, since I really find it hard to see why people like Syndra (doesn't like to be restrained), Elise (the evil leader of a cult joining a public organization) etc would want to join the League.
I'd assume that Syndra did it either in a bid for further power or to weed out potential threats, while Elise did it in an attempt to find more followers and possibly eliminate threats in the process.

HerbaNoctis

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Sivir View Post
1. Power
2. Glory of the Shadow Isles
Zed is there to spread his stuff and get more influence more or less.

KuzAnn

11-06-2012

I have a few questions:

If what was contained within the box was so dangerous to the balance, why did the Kinkou not destroy every trace of it within the 200 years that they possessed it? Is it because there is some sort of "entity" inside that would escape and wreak havoc if the box was destroyed? Is the box even able to be destroyed in the first place? If someone must take on the knowledge of the box in order to destroy it, why not specifically train a member of the Kinkou to take on its knowledge with the ability to combat its "corrupting" nature so the order may use this power for their own ends?

And on the Kinkou's inaction when it came to Zed himself--if this knowledge was such a threat to the balance, why did the Kinkou not kill Zed for acquiring it or assassinate him during the many years of his banishment? He still had a ways to grow at the beginning of this period by what his bio says. Especially with the fact that he was gaining a following and spreading this forbidden knowledge to others during his banishment... It seems like a gross oversight on the part of the Kinkou. Was Shen's father keeping it a secret? Would the Kinkou really not find out even if he did? It just seems that, as an organization that promotes absolute balance, you would have to really police your leadership in order to ensure that even the slightest bit of corruption or weakness was not allowed to slip in. Because if you get corruption or weakness at the top, it's going to spread pretty fast and undermine your organization's goals.

And as for the action of banishment itself... Was Shen's father the previous Eye of Twilight? The Eye is supposed to remain completely emotionless in order to make decisions based solely on cold logic. If Shen's father was the previous Eye and one of his students acquired knowledge that he believed would ultimately be a threat to the balance, shouldn't he have had Zed executed on the spot once he found out rather than showing him mercy by letting him live? And if banishment was the wrong thing to do, wouldn't that mean it was a spur-of-the-moment emotion-based decision? As in, Shen's father was angry with Zed but attached to him enough to banish him rather than kill him? Had the Kinkou really become so careless that they didn't notice that their Eye of Twilight was losing his logical edge? (Providing that he was, in fact, the Eye. We haven't been told exactly who Shen "inherited" the title from, after all. But just in case...)

Okay, I guess that counts as many questions, actually... I was trying to make sure I was thorough.